DBXL G320 motor runs good and then bogs and dies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaden1555

Anyone know how to attach a video? The car was running good and then the filter got a little muddy. Cleaned the filter and it ran good for a 10 minutes and now it will start run good for 10 or so seconds and bog and not have any power and then shut off

73329219913__13AB574E-F821-470D-A68D-33135E69D42C.jpeg

That’s what I figured so I put carb setting to factory and tried to slowly enrich the mixture and even bogs when I’m almost 2 1/2 to 3 turns out

Doesn't surprise me, the pop pressure is off in your carb. I've seen alot of this happen lately. Are you mechanically inclined? Or you could have a large air leak

It’s a fairly new motor so I’m leaning towards the pop pressure. Would the pop pressure be too high or low? And I’m fairly mechanically inclined

The spring is under the primer bulb, it's called the metering spring. Your going to need a hand vacuum/pressure pump, some fuel line and some gas. You have to do this adjustment/test wet so fuel goes in the line, pressure into the carb fuel inlet barb and watch at what pressure it pops off at. You need to cut this much off the spring to start getting below 30 psi... cut at where the X crosses and ignore the arrow. Youll find that you'll reach 20 psi after cutting half to 1 full coil more. Cut a half a coil at a time don't over do it.

walbro_carb_wt627_assemble_meter_needle.JPG

No, you'll have to reset your needles otherwise if the tune is rich you'll flood it... tuning will be more precise and adjustments down to a 1/8 turn will be noticeable now.

I meant are you sure it’s the pop off pressure if it was running fine before whatever happened? To me it should have been doing this the entire time if it’s the pop off since the spring hasn’t changed? Just confirming before I go and change it

Your not hurting anything by changing the pop off pressure. It's up to you, it's your truck. Doing the pop pressure is only beneficial and not going backwards.

Do me a favor and take the spark plug out, take a picture and post it. When I first ran my big bore and it was overly rich it did the same thing yours did In the video. Check your fuel tank vent as it may be clogged... also to be honest it's not easy diagnosing something over the internet, I can only give you suggestions.

Agreed! Not easy explaining and diagnosing over the internet. I will definitely be checking the pop off pressure to eliminate one thing it may be. Will check out the fuel tank vent to see if that may be the issue. Here’s a pic of the spark plug, also really appreciate all the help you’ve been!

IMG_4132.jpeg

Will do I’ll replace it tomorrow. I’m pretty new to gas rc’s, if you don’t mind me asking what’s wrong with the spark plug? Also someone said could be insulator manifold warping and causing a leak? What do you think of this?

I agree with the insulator leaking but the engine is too new for that to happen at this point but not impossible. The spark plug is too dirty and carbon fouled so basically the spark is struggling to find a spot for it to discharge fully sp you get a weak spark and poor running issues.

Changed out the spark plug and still doing the same thing, sprayed around the carb and manifold while running to notice any difference while running and nothing. Not sure where to go from here. Still need to try and change pop off pressure

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks