G320RC Pinion Gear Movement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked the pinion bolt. Its tight!

Are you sure yours doesn't move like that?

I just put the car back yesterday and don't really want to take it apart again Haha

I hope it's not the bearing

That’s possible I suppose... but before it moved that far I would think the bell would be hitting the carrier... just have to pull it apart and see I guess ???‍♂️

Good point:unsure: but if you watch the clip again youll see the pinion bolt moves with the gear......... so to me it looks like inside:unsure:
Change my mind im going with cupton loose pinion bolt?

Yeah, the bolt moves with the gear. Maybe they didnt thread the bolt all the way into the bell?

What do you guys mean by 'bell hitting the carrier'? I hear it bottom out, but I think that's the bell housing hitting the bearing?
Here is another video, with the engine mounted:

Last edited:
As much as I don't want to break it down, for a second day in a row, it looks like I should do it tonight. I hate removing threadlocker haha

Also, anyone knnow the pinion bolt size? Part of the LOSB5038 kit. IT does not call it out in the manual

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks