Got a DBXL second hand...Have questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhawk19

I just purchased a DBXL second hand. It has 4 tanks of gas through it. It already includes an upgraded exhaust, upgraded clutch, and an upgraded servo (HiTec HS-5765MH).

I'd like to make it look like this one:

babRTEDl.jpg

What tires are those? What about that small black "TLR" section. Where can I get one of those? What about the plastic fake "mesh" around the cockpit?

Finally, what do I need to know once I get it as far as things to check. It's obviously been broken in already.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I know because I was interested in exactly the same look myself.
Looking at the pic I would say its on rears and fronts, whereas i went with fronts all round for mine, nice setup but quite a lower profile compared to the stock DBXL tyres, can look a little daft when you first put them on the car.

http://1drv.ms/1vadDL8

It does look a bit odd in your photo...daft...:(

Can you tell me the height of the tires on your setup?

If I go F/R from King Motors, the front are:
6 3/4 inches tall x 2 1/2 inches wide

The rear are:
6 3/4 inches tall x 3 1/4 inches wide

It does look a bit odd in your photo...daft...:(

Can you tell me the height of the tires on your setup?

If I go F/R from King Motors, the front are:
6 3/4 inches tall x 2 1/2 inches wide

The rear are:
6 3/4 inches tall x 3 1/4 inches wide

Mine are 2 1/2 inches high too, that's on the car and with Hostlile grey inserts.
My original photo was a tester with no inserts and as such they look a little worse than they actually are, the difference is minimal with correct inserts.
What I am going to do now though is ditch the other front two on the rear and change them for a couple of rears, just to beef it up a little bit more.

Mine are 2 1/2 inches high too, that's on the car and with Hostlile grey inserts.
My original photo was a tester with no inserts and as such they look a little worse than they actually are, the difference is minimal with correct inserts.
What I am going to do now though is ditch the other front two on the rear and change them for a couple of rears, just to beef it up a little bit more.

What about overall height of the Hostiles compared to stock?

You'll definitely notice a difference in top speed with the shorter tires. A big difference actually. I ran Baja 5b tires all around on desperados for a few laps at the track. It's like running a 19t pinion compared to the 21 tooth. Looked bad ass but would be good on grass or a muddy type surface.

3/4" is a big difference in height of the tires. It really changes the overall look of the DBXL. That photo provided by Tisane clearly shows that.

Found this photo: That's a big difference. I think I'll stick to the stock tires/wheels.

Attachments

• Compare.jpg
    Compare.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 36
How mine is sitting with all four on and inserts inside :)
Perfectly fine for me and bashing on Tarmac/grass, although when I have I bit more dosh I am going to change the two fronts that are on the rear for two rears.

http://1drv.ms/1sZUbxN

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks