Got my FG today with TS motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a guy ship me a marder and said the body had a crack... he hit a curb and the chassis was a banana, and the body had split the whole front. the radio didn't work and the servos were burned out. it was a trade deal. I had delayed my shipping and he started to panic. I knew something was up so I waited to ship... lucky I did.

I had to get him to buy me a new chassis and body. he asked me to just ship his buggy back and I said well send me money to ship it, I am not paying anything out of my pocket when you try to rip me off... some people out there...

I would have insisted for a full refund!

No matter how you look at it, you paid big money for a used truck that was grossly misrepresented and is in need of repair. Just the crack in the body warrants a refund. I wouldn't let the clown get away with it.

I know it would cost about the same to buy another truck and then buy the parts, but it's the principal of the matter.

I would have insisted for a full refund!

No matter how you look at it, you paid big money for a used truck that was grossly misrepresented and is in need of repair. Just the crack in the body warrants a refund. I wouldn't let the clown get away with it.

I know it would cost about the same to buy another truck and then buy the parts, but it's the principal of the matter.

plus 1 on this trips spot on youve just let him get away with it and now you have been using it youve not got a leg to stand on

I understand it's the principle of it that's why I'm asking for $300 back. That makes the truck $775, and the body is not cracked anywhere just missing a little paint in a few spots on the inside from rubbing and has some scratches on the roof from being flipped. I used it because I'm keeping it and not asking to return it. Besides you kind of have to drive it to makes sure everything is in working order anyways. It's only been outside my house twice for about 5min each.

I don't believe the guy actually knew he was advertising it wrong, but it is sad that now he is not willing to own up to his mistake.

Last edited:
i think its a sellers responsibility to know what he is selling. and were not talking about $20 this is a fair bit of money.

to some people this would have taken a very long time to save up, people like myself, so i have no sympathy for the seller what so ever.

i understand your keeping the truck, and fair enough, i prolly wood too for the purcahse price, but like you pointed out in principal whats done is wrong, and to save some other poor person from finding out the hard way a dispute needs to be raised, but your doing that anyway so all good.

Well I won the case on ebay but they want me to send it back for a full refund instead of just giving me a partial. That sucks, but I guess I will send it back and look for something else or just put that $1100 into my 5B:)

Well I won the case on ebay but they want me to send it back for a full refund instead of just giving me a partial. That sucks, but I guess I will send it back and look for something else or just put that $1100 into my 5B:)

thats a bummer!

id send it back and look for another FG MT. the FG MT is the best RC ive ever had and I cant wait to get another, for that kind of money you should be able to find something quite nice, in very good condition.

i don't think you would have to look for long to find one.

echo what sperera said, send it back to the muppet (his loss not yours), for that price you will find one which is in top nick & some nice hop-ups dude :)

I know this guy real well that sold you the FG.He is a stand up guy and i bought a sick Baja 5t with an ONB full MOD 30.5.Everything he stated was correct with the truck.I even bought a savage xl from him last week and it had like $2500 in extra mods he even threw in a $70 charger and tons of extra parts for $600 it was brand new.I spoke with him about this transaction and he told me the guy he bought it from said it has a reed motor.He dident know the diffrence.That truck was sick and i would have paid well over $1000.You got a steal on that truck.I know that motor was new when he got it.He just started it on work bench and broke the motor in.I %100 stand behind him.He is a repected member on hpi baja forum and i know of alot of other people that will agree with me.The reason he couldent send the extra $300 was because he just had triplets.I think he even sent the buyer an email after he sold one of his baja's that he would send the $300 dollars but it was to late.Oh well it was a mistake on his part but that truck had a crazy crazy motor and tons of extras.I know he paid about $1500 for the truck and never used it.Only broke in the motor on a bench.

Hey Dreamstate you actually screwed yourself my friend.You stated you already used the truck and it runs really good.You stated it spins the tires and leaves marks ext,,,.I know he already has these emails,He is happy he is getting the truck back because the only reason he sold it was because of they just had triplets.I know your going to have am issue with ebay or paypal because if the truck wasent what it was supposed to be you should of just left it alone and repacked it.I bought a t-max last year and it was supposed to have a bigger motor then stated but it dident and i tried it out and stated it in a thread on this forum and i sent the truck back and lost my money.I think you should of ate the $300 and left it alone.Now you really opened up a can of worms.

ebay already has a link to both of my threads on here. I sent it with the original claim. Also my original claim was for $300 and not a full refund. I even told ebay I wanted to keep the truck and I didn't want to take the full amount back from him. Ebay ruled for me to return the truck, so I did. I also have not been talking bad about him on here and even said that I didn't think he was trying to screw me over, he just didn't know what motor was actually in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks