Hardware

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohiolargescale

Been doing some winter cleanup. Where is the best place to get nuts and bolts for these cars. Thought about getting some bulk boxes of a couple different lengths and cutting them to size as needed....just curious what others do. And how's the stainless stuff work out other than harder to cut and more pron to galling up. Thanks

Been doing some winter cleanup. Where is the best place to get nuts and bolts for these cars. Thought about getting some bulk boxes of a couple different lengths and cutting them to size as needed....just curious what others do. And how's the stainless stuff work out other than harder to cut and more pron to galling up. Thanks
Mcmaster carr and fastenal are great

I have kicked the idea around to switch many of my screws to stainless but was worried about how soft SS bolts tend to be. Even with using anti seize I would be afraid of stripping the heads of the bolts. What about galling?

I have kicked the idea around to switch many of my screws to stainless but was worried about how soft SS bolts tend to be. Even with using anti seize I would be afraid of stripping the heads of the bolts. What about galling?
The galling was my main concern, we use nothing but S.S. and titanium at the refinery where I work. Anti sieze is a must with S.S. and helps reduce galling but I am still skeptical with this small hardware. I was also wondering if there would be the chance of galvanic corrosion between the two metals but not sure.

Last edited:
It's not a major issue, and you should be loctiteing any metal to metal fasteners, the loctite fills the void and sets up, not allowing any reactions between the metals.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks