Having carb issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

javi83

Hello guys asking for some help or guidance because recently have been having issues with my 5t first it started with the engine not wanting to stay on by itself on idle. Would only stay on while giving it gas manually but would die as soon as I would stop so I decided to do a carb clean I took it apart cleaned it then the line started getting air when would prime it so I bought a rebuild kit and I just replaced the diaphragm under the primer ball. I been trying to start it took out the spark plug to unflood it. idk if I should buy new carburetor because I checked that I had spark

You think that would solve most of my issues? But with the the return fuel line getting air. You guys think it would solve that too?

You think that would solve most of my issues? But with the the return fuel line getting air. You guys think it would solve that too?

It's all process of elimination. If you still have trouble after installing the part then try a new carb but rather spend $2.50 on a isulator then $70 on a carb. Also check every bolt on the motor. I doubt they got loose but I always check when having issues.

The return line will get air all the time depending on how fast and hard you push the primer.

For what it's worth I always prime with a light push til no air is coming thru 😂

I'm about to offer a carb service here, the metering springs have been my issue and it became more pronounced in the boats. Seeing tho as its a recent issue you can have an issue with the insulator (as mentioned its most likely your issue). You could have ingested sand if you kept the stock filter you could have ran into an issue, we need to see pictures of your rig as it sits and what it looks like behind your air filter.

We do this enough around here with guess what words look like, meaning we paint a picture based on what you say and not what we see. Please post pictures of the carb and rig so we can see what you see.

Which air filter would you recommend? but l recently cleaned it when was messing with the carb so not dirty right now

Attachments

• 467BC3BE-3EA8-46F6-8A96-0822790C9ADE.jpeg
    467BC3BE-3EA8-46F6-8A96-0822790C9ADE.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 6E1FF764-CCA4-412F-B1B9-CCE4CAFF688B.jpeg
    6E1FF764-CCA4-412F-B1B9-CCE4CAFF688B.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 17
  • B3549C00-1DC7-44D8-8E59-2430855C4D66.jpeg
    B3549C00-1DC7-44D8-8E59-2430855C4D66.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 17
Judging by the wear on those tires I'd say you do alot of onroad running? The rig is very clean so either your good at cleaning or your in a low dust environment. I'm going to still stand with the rest and say you have a bad insulator and or gasket as you said it was loose.

Buy this and you'll never have to worry about the carb insulator again and it doesn't use any special gaskets so stock gaskets can be used when you need to replace them.

https://oneillbrothers.com/collecti...br-g320-billet-intake-manifold-fits-32cc-34cc

I used to do a lot of on road driving untill I got the pipe was too loud and the tires weared down fast lol so do alot of off road now but I’m going to purchase that thanks for the help.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks