Help! Dynamite kill switch with dx5c

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if both radio and reciever are powered up, red light on. Hit the button, red light goes off, turn off power in the vehicle, add bind plug, power reciever back up and get rapid flash. Then put transmitter in bind mode to finish the process. Test for results.
Ok so I did exactly as u said and like the dynamite instructions also said and still when I turn off my remote the red light stays on? I can still turn light off and on with the button just fine.

Ok so I did exactly as u said and like the dynamite instructions also said and still when I turn off my remote the red light stays on? I can still turn light off and on with the button just fine.

Ok, I just checked my Spektrum DX4R to see how I have my kill switch button setup. My kill switch is on the "F" button on the transmitter and plugged into Aux 1 on the reciever. Then I went into the menu LIST, then to SYSTEM, then to SWITCH SELECT, then to the letter F. Highlight and change the type of switch to Ax1 2P. That stands for "auxiliary 1" which is where my kill switch is plugged into the reciever. And 2P stands for "two pole" which is the type of switch I want the button to be.

So now you should go into your menu, to system, to switch select and look at the setting for the letter (A,B,C,D,E,F) corosponding to the button that you use for your kill swich and see what it says. Write it down because if you change yours and it doesn't work, you may want to change it back.
Then you need to look at your reciever to see which auxiliary your kill switch is plugged into. If Aux1, then change your transmitter button setting to say AX1 2P. If your kill switch is plugged in Aux2, then change your transmitter button setting to AX2 2P
Exit settings and go back through the bind process above.

Sorry if any of this is confusing. If this doesn't fix you up. I'm afraid I'm out of suggestions.
Cheers.

Also if this helps it’s on aux2. Input G and Momentary says inhibit ?

It's the momentary that's giving you the trouble. That button is always on keeping the kill switch in engine run mode until you press it; and only while you are pressing it is the button off and the kill swich killing the engine

Well I’ve literally tried all of the above and I’m convinced now that the dx5c is not able to kill the engine during signal lose. I’ve tried every possible combination and even holding the F button during bind with no luck? So I’ll just keep the failsafe for brakes and pray nothing bad ever happens lol.

I got the same radio/receiver combo, and have the EXACT same problem. I have tried everything mentioned also with no luck. Called Horizon support, and while they were very cool, and tried to help like crazy we could not get it to work. Turns on and off with a switch or button just fine, but does not turn off on signal loss no matter how we bind it. Also, the signal distance with this receiver has not impressed me either. I am so far regretting finally trying the DX5C. Lol.

It's possible to kill the engine with DX5C with SR415 receiver.
Assign the channel 3 to Input G, and choose Momentary : Active at first.
Make sure the red led light of the kill switch is on.
Now start the binding process. While binding brake and press the button (G) to activate the kill switch until the process is complete.
It should be done.
Go to AUX assign and then change Momentary : Active to Momentary : Inhibit.

Now start the binding process. While binding brake and press the button (G) to activate the kill switch until the process is complete.
It should be done.
It should be done.
How do you set the g switch? It doesn't give us the option to choose it. Even after clearing the button from its previous function. We cant get the kill switch to work with any other button.

How do you set the g switch? It doesn't give us the option to choose it. Even after clearing the button from its previous function. We cant get the kill switch to work with any other button.
It does go to aux assign. Select your channel and then input. Or press the button to select it.

It should be done.
This fixed the functionality of the switch. It now turns on and off with the G button and will also turn off the led if I power off the remote. I still have a problem with reduced spark though when using this kill switch. I got a replacement, and have tried it on two different motors and have the same problem. Basically, if the wire is not plugged into the module itself, I have full spark and the engine runs fine, as soon as it is connected to the module, the spark gets reduced and the engine wants to die. This is with the red led light powered on. I think I am going to just finally buy a Super Bee and try that. I appreciate all the help on this!

Sorry for your run of crap luck with your current kill switch. I think you'll really like the killer bee. Relatively easy to set up and I have never had issues or really heard of issues with them. Keep us posted ?

Hi pate did you ever get your dynamite kill switch figured out? I am running the dynamite kill switch as well with spectrum dx5c everything seems fine, light comes on /off when I hit the button brakes are applied full when I turn off transmitter but I'm not getting spark to the plug so I took off the kill switch and the truck starts right up I'm confused can you tell me what im missing.Thanks

Just got the Losi MTXL and installed the dynamite kill switch. I’m using the dx5c with sr415 non avc. The kill switch works fine when I push the button on the dx5c but when I turn power off on the dx5c the kill switch is still lit up? What am I missing here? I thought it was supposed to also kill motor if signal was lost. The fail safe works when dx5c is powered off the brakes are applied. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
How did you set up the dx too apply breaks when cut-off I have same setup and problem

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks