Help leaking carburetor gasket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gent1974

I'm on my second stock isolator block from DDM and had it warranty 2 times, this one is flat i used a razor blade and straight edge and no light comes between it.
4 times I have mounted this carburetor and leaks ever time , when I spray carb/choke fuild the idle, races or stall so there is definitely a leak, When i take the carb off you can see the area of non contact.
I have used gasoline RTV and flange sealant.
And still leaks and can't get it tuned.
Is it possible to have warped isolator block that looks flash and straight.
Is only a year old . And I have used blue gasket, heavy duty gasket and also make my own with thicker gasket material form Napa.
I think off ordering OBR isolator .
Plus I tighten the assembly filter spacer,carb,gasket and Isolator.
To the bolt stop moving and extra 2 pinches. cars been down for 3 months. It starts and runs great, the idle is all over the place.
And ideals
What drives me nuts it come with a thin gasket, had a blast .
I so stumped on this,

If your having an issue with the composite insulator blocks then I'd question if the intake port on the head is flat especially receiving new ones. Have you checked that? Also its not good practice to use rtv around the intake port as the pulse port can be plugged from excess rtv. I have the obr billet intake for the 2nd time now and it works great with no issues. There is a torque value for the insulator block, are you reaching the proper torque needed? You can lightly lap the block on fine to maybe say 1000 grit sand paper. The proper way to lap something like that is to use even pressure and move the block across the sand paper in a figure 8 to ensure the block is being sanded evenly. Best of luck keep us posted.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks