Help Me Decide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OCT15

Hello all I just got my Innovative-RC Baja chassis. I'm looking to get it either powder coated or anodized just don't know which route to choose? Please help me decide any pointers will be much appreciated.

I did anodizing for my own parts and I'll say this much from observation. Anodizing will hold up longer as well as take more abuse over powder coating. If the chassis gets scratched the only area affected is only the area of the scratch, powder coat if scratched will eventually spread beyond the initial area in the form of chipping and there goes that appeal.

Have a pic of the chassis? Is it raw or already anodized? Generally rc chassis plates are hard anodized for durability and resistance to scratching so the process to remove it will be involved so you have that to think of.

Also anodizing creates a hard shell and it becomes harder than the base aluminum underneath it and you will get no such protection from powder coating.

Best of luck 👍

Hey @Rep732 as always thank you so much for your input. The chassis is in it's raw form no finish of any kind and mannnnnn let me tell you it is super SHARP! Like it will cut you up bad...lol. I don't think Innovative deburrs or scuffs the sharp edges. I will take to get anodized then with a few other parts next week.

Again @Rep732 Thanks

Of course! Any time I can be of assistance!... whoever you do use ask if they can hard anodize it for better scratch resistance. Do you plan to stay 1 solid color?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks