(help)motor on beetle keeps moving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pep37412000

can some one please help, everytime I run my beetle I have to tighten and reset the mesh for the diff and it just will not stay tight I have to tighten the bottom screws and the top 2 screws and from the top you can see where it has moved it will run for about 10 min. and then it will grind at first I thought my diff went out but that was not the case can some one please help :(

can some one please help, everytime I run my beetle I have to tighten and reset the mesh for the diff and it just will not stay tight I have to tighten the bottom screws and the top 2 screws and from the top you can see where it has moved it will run for about 10 min. and then it will grind at first I thought my diff went out but that was not the case can some one please help :(

grab small and large alloy motor mounts = no more problems
http://www.pythonmotorsports.com/fg/offroad_parts/fg_truck_parts/hop_up/truck_hopup.html

also, its very important to use Locktite, blue or red, on the bolts and then you must let the set for 24 hrs before your run. the 24 yrs allows the locktite to dry, and hold the bolts from loosening up. I suggest the Blue locktite, as the red can be very hard to break free, and often needs to be heated to break the red free.
T

also, its very important to use Locktite, blue or red, on the bolts and then you must let the set for 24 hrs before your run. the 24 yrs allows the locktite to dry, and hold the bolts from loosening up. I suggest the Blue locktite, as the red can be very hard to break free, and often needs to be heated to break the red free.
T

very good point !
i forget to mention things like that because its second nature for me to use loctite on everything but plastic .

thanks guy's I will order that but for right now i'll get the plastic for the weekend and order the alloy ones for all three trucks in about 2 weeks if i'm gonna do one I may as well do them all, need to find someone who makes the alloy parts around here just a little bit cheaper not trying to be a cheap a** but I have to look out for the pocket :clown: seeing I have to do to more than 1:)

the other way to sort the problem is to put on a bigger layshaft gear ,which will take up the gap caused by the engine movement,i had this problem on my touring car but fixed it by doing that...

thanks I will also consider that also likansuk269 I see you are new here to how do you like it so far, man this is a great site

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks