HELP with Futaba 4PV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need help here with Setting up some LIGHTS on ch.4
On a Futaba 4PV

- I want to know how I can turn the lights ON & OFF with the remote.

I have my Kill switch on channel 3
Lights are set up on channel 4

Using the “ SWITCH “ function in the 4PV I’m able to set up P1 or P2 button to kill my engine no problem.

BUT

When I try to set up either p1 or p2 to kill the lights on/off
It does nothing???

I attached pictures of the instructions I’m following.

***Forum member @dougstar
suggested the following advice

- Turn up the travel and exponential up to 100 on the channel that you wanna use for the lights-

I tried moving the travel to 100 in both directions and it did nothing.
The lights stay constantly ON.

The lights I’m using are these.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/382645814556

Any ideas ?
D23C5A03-5077-403A-AD51-74DD51AFD687.jpegAFBE7503-A15F-461D-B729-5A3DDE82AE38.jpeg2DF9854A-46C9-4297-9D1B-315398549FA2.jpegAC607E5C-2500-47CC-9A82-5D0B5CDDDA36.jpeg

Last edited:
You need to buy a light controller. And plug in the reciever . And then set on your ps1 switch
When you plug lights into the receiver you only have power and ground the 3rd wire is the signal to the light controller to turn the lights on and off

Last edited:
You need to buy a light controller. And plug in the reciever . And then set on your ps1 switch
When you plug lights into the receiver you only have power and ground the 3rd wire is the signal to the light controller to turn the lights on and off

Ah this makes a lot of sense. I knew I had to be missing something.
So will something like this work ?02B04D7A-5B14-44CA-9CB9-9D48CC1BF7D2.png

Or are they any special light controllers ??

Thanx for the help (y)

Ah this makes a lot of sense. I knew I had to be missing something.
So will something like this work ?View attachment 48354

Or are they any special light controllers ??

Thanx for the help (y)
Ya that will work I just did my 5t with 4pv and at first i thought i had the controller not set right . But I just was not thinking good luck any other questions just ask me there is not a lot support for the 4pv it's a great unit.
Ya that will work I just did my 5t with 4pv and at first i thought i had the controller not set right . But I just was not thinking good luck any other questions just ask me there is not a lot support for the 4pv it's a great unit.
You're going to have to put your kill switch on ps2 or your light won't shut off unless you hold the switch down just figure I throw that info in

Last edited:
The real question is why would you want to turn them off?
My son's grave digger RC has some LED headlights and we run them all the time since it looks pretty cool.

-Liberty
Since I’m running the lights off the same battery I use for the servos/electronics
I feel that the lights will consume the battery to quick.

Also because it’s cool to be able to turn them on/off :cool:

Being cool yes I'll agree with that? with any decent battery set up even with the lights on (assuming it doesn't look like a Christmas tree) all the time I doubt it would be enough if a draw to noticeably drop the life span of the battery. (There too I normally break before the battery dies) just my thought...?

Theres something wrong there. Check antennas for damage. All my futaba I own can go farther then you can conceivably see the rc. I'm mean like real real far. Normally range issues have something to do antennas being broke off or poor antenna placement(which I doubt would be your issue)

Did try another area .something might be inferring with your signal. I seen alarm systems home or business affect mine when I was running in a industrial park. Also you have to shut your factory radio fail safe off when using your killer bee kill switch
Please let everyone know what you find I would like to know what you found to be the problem good luck

UPDATE**** on radio range Futaba 4PV

I placed the ferrite bead closest to the RX box

I also Wrapped a piece of the wire from the RX on top of the plastic tube with a rubber cap.

I want to say that range has improved drastically. I was able to drive it further then ever before, I didn’t measure distance but I could barely see it.

I want to say that moving the Ferrite cap and leaving a little piece of wire on top wrapped with rubber cap, Helped tremendously.

Thanx for all the advice fellas

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks