Help with ignition system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea but the kill switch doesn't wire inline with the red wire of the coil. It needs to be wired across the red and black wires.
Its the same as wiring this to your normal coil
Screenshot_20181201-195422.jpg

Awesome thx. ? I'll do that. Do this? Not with tape obviously
View attachment 47611
Yup(y)
Yea but the kill switch doesn't wire inline with the red wire of the coil. It needs to be wired across the red and black wires.
Its the same as wiring this to your normal coil
View attachment 47615
How can he do that when his coil and magneto pickup are separate? If you can kill the red wire from the magneto to the coil it will disconnect the circuit and the engine will turn off.

The Killer B comes with it's own shut off switch also.

Last edited:

Yup(y)

How can he do that when his coil and magneto pickup are separate? If you can kill the red wire from the magneto to the coil it will disconnect the circuit and the engine will turn off.

The Killer B comes with it's own shut off switch also.
Then no worries?

Scruffy, I just checked with my meter and the switch is normally open so it will not work how I described, I thought the switch was normally closed. You would have to do as you said and splice the red wires together and the black wires together. Then when the button is pressed it will shunt the circuit and turn off the engine. Sorry for that.

No problem. I was thinking that it was a pbno switch(push button normally open) but wasnt 100% sure.

I think its just a ground lead. I believe the pickup is grounded through the casing to the mount to the engine. There is no ground that you need to ground on a regular Zen coil.

And when you install a kill switch, it will wire in parallel with the shutoff switch(y)

Agreed? i think thats just so you can add a kill switch if you want. Same as why they use a connector in the red wire. So you can disconnect it and add in the kill switch

Just curious, does the coil and pickup mount to the engine when installed on a boat?:unsure: If not how are you going to mount them to the engine? Are there mounting holes on the block/head?
Yes on a boat the pick up and the coil are both attached to the engine. The alx case mounting holes on the crankcase. I'm not sure why alx decided to use a marine/boat style coil but it is what it is

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks