DBXL High flow fuel lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The snappy vent sucks, 2 of them leaked like crazy so I gave up. Went with a mx style dirt bike vent and its flawless
I changed my snappy vent for an MX one also and all is good now
Here's mine, I decided it would be a good idea to move it away from the pipe just in case ??

Last edited:
I have a DBXL and just ordered the snappy...I will send a few pics of the modification process. From what I read in a previous reply on page one, you only need to make the hole on the stock gas tank larger to accept the snappy grommet and this will also allow for the V2 to fit properly..we'll see.

I have had my DBXL for about 3 years and have loved it, only driven it a few times, I crash it and break something every time. Not the machine's fault, I blame the driver for running into the 4x4. I just joined the forums and will be upgrading a few items. I am excited to see what this machine can do.

I have a DBXL and just ordered the snappy...I will send a few pics of the modification process. From what I read in a previous reply on page one, you only need to make the hole on the stock gas tank larger to accept the snappy grommet and this will also allow for the V2 to fit properly..we'll see.

I have had my DBXL for about 3 years and have loved it, only driven it a few times, I crash it and break something every time. Not the machine's fault, I blame the driver for running into the 4x4. I just joined the forums and will be upgrading a few items. I am excited to see what this machine can do.
Cool man keep us posted on the upgrade. I ordered one also but haven’t had time due to work. It’s sitting in a box along with a new cage and body, 5ivet wheels, new foams and some other stuff. I’ve been on the operator error too lol reason for new cage and body.

Well, It was rough. The gasket that comes with the kit is larger. And the wrong thickness completely for the stock tank. I tried to use a heat gun to reform the plastic with some success. It doesn't leak and seems to hold pressure. I did have one blip where gas came out of something, I think it was the breather. I had the car on its side, but I am going to use some Gas resistant gasket maker to seal the entire thing. I don't plan on taking it apart and if I do, the gasket will just peel off. It was also a pain to push the gasket in, I found pulling out and removing the breather while I pushed in the gasket made it a little easier and I could push the breather and tube back in pretty easy. In conclusion, I would much rather of bought a new gas tank or drilled a new gasket. I might still do this down the road if it proves unreliable.

I just made a complete tard of myself. Took the MTXL out and it would start and drive a little but without much power and then stop. I played this game with the truck for a while and screwed on the idle/lo screws like it was going out of style and I was left holding the surplus. After a while I had enough. I took it in, took apart the carb. It was spotless. Started to take apart the engine and then had an inkling... how about I call my mate who is actually really knowledgable about these things. "Hi mate...such and such" ... mate; "Your fuel line is broken".....me; " ... ".

He was right. fiddlesticking cheap ass Losi. The plastic was brittle. I keep the tank empty when not in use, how is this even possible. Do I need to apply dry skin cream on the fiddlesticking thing? wtf?! If it hadn't been for my mate I would have taken it apart. Found the engine to be stellar. Put it back again and still be absolutely clueless. It never even crossed my mind.

I really recommend getting a stash and redo new fuel lines every year... even the new ones I put on from DDM seem like they aren't going to last after only 2-3 weeks they are already discolored.

I am also in the deep end with this tank now... but she turned out beautiful. the first attempt leaked gas and actually the entire tank lost pressure and would kill the car. little melted plastic here, and there... and BOOM an opening fit for the Turtle high flow gasket. I'll get a pic of the entire thing later. But here is the down and dirty. Also on the test drive... the factory steering servo ripped all the plastic teeth out of the servo horn...upgraded with an 845 Hitec...Also the lipo 7.4 is amazing in this car. Finally got a first run video, but this is with the broke leaking tank:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks