HiTec is my disappointment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTBF

So, Basically this isn't a thread about 1/5 scale directly but my current experiences with HiTec.

I own a few of their products, so here goes:

Power Peak D7 charger: Bought this in 2017, just kinda dealt with it. Cooling fans get all kinds of noisy like a FOD'ed engine. The USB charging port NEVER worked right. I'm delaying the day I have to take it apart and find the cheapo fan to replace the existing one. It started acting up shortly after my retailer stopped accepting returns, so I've dealt with it. It has thus far charged my LiPOs without burning my house down.

D845WP. Blew the gears after only several runs. I've been playing the victim and saying it was due to not having a dual horn. And I should not roll the bashing truck I have with the bashing servo. To their credit they sell the gear set to rebuild this servo. Your mileage may vary. Wonder if that is a coincidence.

The 1005. Oh yes. Just sent mine out (BRAND NEW) to a very fine aftermarket 1/5 scale retailer to get modified. A brand new 500 dollar servo has to get modified due to yet another oversight from its manufacturer.

I know there is a "nature of this hobby". There should also be a certain expectation for quality.

I've got a lot invested in the 1005 at this point. I'll run it as far as I can. Should be worth a few hours. Or a couple.

The Hilantronics to me look interesting. I'm kinda looking forward to the 1005 dying (expecting it in a short time) so I can try them at this point .

I run Futaba and savox in my electrics and have zero issues over a couple years. And shitload of run time.

I have to say: run a dual horn for steering.

I've got a lot invested in the 1005 at this point. I'll run it as far as I can. Should be worth a few hours. Or a couple.

The Hilantronics to me look interesting. I'm kinda looking forward to the 1005 dying (expecting it in a short time) so I can try them at this point .

I run Futaba and savox in my electrics and have zero issues over a couple years. And shitload of run time.

I have to say: run a dual horn for steering.

im using the lynx 4s rx/tx and have a 845wp on the way planning on using a dual arm though (y)

im using the lynx 4s rx/tx and have a 845wp on the way planning on using a dual arm though (y)
Go for it, But you may want to consider having the replacement gear set on hand. I bought it for my mine as a backup (D845 throttle and Brake)

My losi hitec setup ???
View attachment 55609

Yeah. That rig would definitely work. Finally, Truth in Advertising.
Set up guide would be great. We've been discussing single servo; single horn to my knowledge, on this thread.. A single heavy weight 1/5 servo is not enough for these rigs. Unless you buy a stupid big servo. Like a 1005.
You could have told us all you were running a dual D845

Set up guide would be great. We've been discussing single servo; single horn to my knowledge, on this thread.. A single heavy weight 1/5 servo is not enough for these rigs. Unless you buy a stupid big servo. Like a 1005.
You could have told us all you were running a dual D845

Let us know how you set that rig up. Publish a guide here on how you did it.

Last edited:
Ive had great luck with my hitech servos. I use a single 845 in my DBXL with no issues at all. A slight bit of chatter at times, but nothing bad. I do check my end points regularly, that may help. Perhaps you just got a lemon. Everyone produces a turd now and then.

You wana know?........its not the easiest thing to do.........you have to have a tone of patients for one + it would apply to a dual setup ......losi5/karken vecta......as far as i know are the only 2??‍♂️
?I think he wants to know that is the stock Losi 5iveB setup. I don't understand why Losi didn't offer something like that on the larger T platform.

Edit: I think I remember somewhere where people adapted the 5ive B dual steering to the 5iveT

?I think he wants to know that is the stock Losi 5iveB setup. I don't understand why Losi didn't offer something like that on the larger T platform.

Edit: I think I remember somewhere where people adapted the 5ive B dual steering to the 5iveT

OK, Now that is what I was missing. I saw in your Youtube vid after I ran with you that:

A: Your rig was just as messy as mine

B: You had a dual servo set up as well.

I assumed yours was aftermarket. It did not occur to me that Losi put in a different set up for the 5B. And I am right with you... Why on earth did they not do the same for the 5T? I'm guessing cost and weight. In that order.

Thank you very much for clearing that up.

OK, Now that is what I was missing. I saw in your Youtube vid after I ran with you that:

A: Your rig was just as messy as mine

B: You had a dual servo set up as well.

I assumed yours was aftermarket. It did not occur to me that Losi put in a different set up for the 5B. And I am right with you... Why on earth did they not do the same for the 5T? I'm guessing cost and weight. In that order.

Thank you very much for clearing that up.
NP. Yeah Losi should at least offer a dual setup.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks