Hmmm Interesting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I started to put the Innovative RC diff together. God it's purty. So dumb question has anyone ever had trouble getting the pins out that hold the diff cups in ? I know they went in nice and easy. but they don't want to slide out easily. RRRR. Also the plug screw you use to access the pin on the IR diff didn't come with o-rings . Doug did you use o-rings on them or just lock tight them in place after inserting the pins.

I'm taking the old diff to work tomorrow so I can beat the piss out of it to get the pins out.

IMG_20200609_214103.jpg

I used the o rings??
Did you take out the cap screw that holds the pin in the drive cup??‍♂️
View attachment 59848
Doh!!!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Totally missed them. So I got the diff together annnnnnnd F'n Rovan screws me again:mad::mad:. Had to order new HPI diff cups from DDM today. One of the screws that hold the diff cup pins doesn't sit low enough in the gear so it locks up the gears . Thankfully I have extra pins because I have a feeling some may have bent as I was tightening the cover down.

GWAD dang it ?!!!
What diff cups did you go for?‍♂️
Doh!!!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Totally missed them. So I got the diff together annnnnnnd F'n Rovan screws me again:mad::mad:. Had to order new HPI diff cups from DDM today. One of the screws that hold the diff cup pins doesn't sit low enough in the gear so it locks up the gears . Thankfully I have extra pins because I have a feeling some may have bent as I was tightening the cover down.

So it turns out the IRC diff housing is the issue. With all the internals installed the 2 halves don't meet up at the seal. Something wasn't milled correctly on the inside of the set I purchased. That was a waste of money.I would have taken a pic but my hands were covered in silicone oil. I built up the HPI diff and everything went together no problem. Well sort of . The F'ning Gear that mounts to the diff is a freaking rovan part It doesn't fit over the larger side of the 2 halves where the bosses are. I need to sand them down about .005" . I'll do that tomorrow.

So it turns out the IRC diff housing is the issue. With all the internals installed the 2 halves don't meet up at the seal. Something wasn't milled correctly on the inside of the set I purchased. That was a waste of money.I would have taken a pic but my hands were covered in silicone oil. I built up the HPI diff and everything went together no problem. Well sort of . The F'ning Gear that mounts to the diff is a freaking rovan part It doesn't fit over the larger side of the 2 halves where the bosses are. I need to sand them down about .005" . I'll do that tomorrow.
Sorry to hear you having a problem ? i did a dry fit to make sure it was going together before i added the oil? and what i found was the cap screws hold in the pins where not done in properly Screenshot_20200614-123942.jpg
And they where catching on the spider gear pins.....?‍♂️
screenshot_20200614-124048-jpg.60095

Also putting the brass squares all up the same way seemed to help ?
But if you have washed your hands of it ill happily pm you my postal address ?????
Screenshot_20200614-125339.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200614-124048.jpg
    Screenshot_20200614-124048.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 57
Sorry to hear you having a problem ? i did a dry fit to make sure it was going together before i added the oil? and what i found was the cap screws hold in the pins where not done in properly View attachment 60096
And they where catching on the spider gear pins.....?‍♂️
screenshot_20200614-124048-jpg.60095

Also putting the brass squares all up the same way seemed to help ?
But if you have washed your hands of it ill happily pm you my postal address ?????
View attachment 60097

What do you mean by the "Cap screws not done in properly"? I noticed one of my cap screws sat proud of the big spider gear . No mater what I did it stuck up higher than the gear. It's the same way in the HPI housing too but at least the HPI housing goes together all the way. The other thing I notice is your brass plates have the rounded edges going up and down . I can't even get my brass plates to go in like that .

I'm really beginning to wonder if I'm ever going to get this thing back together. So I needed to replace the boots on the drive axles. I had bought some Hostile boots . Manage to rip 3 out of the 4 boots trying to install them. $&^%^%#$#$#%$@%@. Just ordered another set from DDM. WTF.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks