Hobby pro Mutilator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks BTB & Inntcptr for your advice I will definately try the outerwear stuff.
Inntcptr can you tell me the make & model of the Filter you bought? I don't want to buy anything incompatible.

Outwears is awesome stuff, and it makes the car look even cooler aswel. My car is starting to get really color-coded now. About time my bad horsie shock-socks sould show up....

DoomBuggy,
The air filter I bought was at WWW.Towerhobbies.com It comes in a 2 stage filter and it is already oiled when you get it. Here is the link. It is part # LXHTX0. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHTX0&P=Z. It is for the Duratrax Firehammer. I had to use 2 small washers inside the filter because the new filter housing was shorter than the original one and didn't come tight enough to the carb. Or you can use shorter screws if you have any. Since you're in Italy, it would probably be cheeper to buy one there (in Europe) WWW.modelsportuk.com would be a great place to get one, the part # there is H132B. They are a very good place to deal with and also they are very helpful. I've ordered from them several times for both of my Carson nitro trucks. I usually get the parts in the US in about 4-5 days. http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=26325 . Here's the link for that one. I'm not sure if I posted the links the right way. The one from Modelsportuk is for the HobbyPro models. I also Ordered Blue shock covers from Bad Horsie .com in blue to match the filter. I hope that this was of some help.

Thanks, I took a look, I have also asked mtroniks they are the UK importer, plus my local RC shop here in Tuscany have said they now know who the importer is so maybe they can help, just aswell as I have taken apart the pullstart unit and it's broken, so I'll get a new one.

Once everything is working again, I will banadage the buggy up like a Mummy wearing Outerwears .

Update to Mutilator

I took the 1st Mutilator to the local shop, the guy worked on it and said the engine has been ruined by the sand, it's been eaten up. So I now am on the look out for a used 23cc engine.

The 2nd Mutilator arrived, it wouldn't start, the guy in the shop got it started (apparently) but I tried it just now and it doesn't start.

I bought two new HPI filters for the buggies.

But the fact is the engines seem so fragile, and they are so unreliable I think I'll just sell them and wait and see if someone invents a buggy that can remarkably and astonishingly be used on sand and if a button start engine ever gets made. I honestly can't be bothered pulling the pull start until my disc slips or my fingers bleed.

Such a shame but I still have my 1 to 1 scale 1970s Rupp Ruppster that never has a problem, and I can sit in it.

Thanks again for all your help anyway, see you all again when they invent a buggy that can acually work on sand and not just look like it can.

Last point I'm not sure if the buggy is **ap or just the engine, and I'm not sure if the engine which is identical to the Zenoah 23cc is actually a Zenoah or a cheap clone. If anyone does know of a buggy that can be used on sand starts straight away and does not need to unassembled airblasted cleaned and oiled eachtime it's used please let me know.

Last edited:
Thanks, I took a look, I have also asked mtroniks they are the UK importer, plus my local RC shop here in Tuscany have said they now know who the importer is so maybe they can help, just aswell as I have taken apart the pullstart unit and it's broken, so I'll get a new one.

Once everything is working again, I will banadage the buggy up like a Mummy wearing Outerwears .

Whats broken in your pull starter is it this
pull%20start%20ring%20stock.jpg

you can replace the plastic with metal
http://www.bhhanson.com/panda.htm

Mutilator not a FG/Carson/XTM clone

I had ordered a Mutilator as a gift , as it looked on the Hobbytron as it were a Carson/XTM clone, the picture looked like it but when it arrived, they have nothing in common. The basic layout is the same, but as far as parts go, I sent it back. I will wait again and get a carson Attack from Ebay in Germany.

Had my hopes up.

Hi I just got a mutilator of ebay for $300au. I thought I got a bargain. Not to shore now. I borough it for a project I have in mind. I need front or back disk brakes out at the wheels. I thought it was a Carson clone so thought I could just by some of those brakes. Will front braces work on it? Will the Carson or smiler work?

hi i think that USABAJA 5 admin had one
as he was planing on doing something with cant remember but he had one im sure

Last edited:
i bought a second hand mutilator off ebay its fantastic i know its a clone of a marder but i could not afford one of those so this will do (i have two) the one thing i would recommend is change the fuel tank to the marder tank as this fliptop tank leaks when you flip the truck good luck and have fun...its a cy engine not a zenoah (23cc).

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks