Holly Crabb...It went wide open!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed when it was on my bench with the electronic on that the servo was glitching without doing anything. So I did what crucialRC recommended and switched the servo. It end up that the same servo is still glitching . So I am guessing that is the problem.

Rebind question, To rebind do I do that just the same as Binding the first time? The light is not blinking so I am guessing that it is still bound.

Thoughts?

I don't think it's in your servo I think it's in your receiver. Had one on stand and steering started turning back and forth a few times then throttle went wide open turned out to be receiver.
I noticed when it was on my bench with the electronic on that the servo was glitching without doing anything. So I did what crucialRC recommended and switched the servo. It end up that the same servo is still glitching . So I am guessing that is the problem.

Rebind question, To rebind do I do that just the same as Binding the first time? The light is not blinking so I am guessing that it is still bound.

Thoughts?
Get a new receiver most likely not in your servos

Man I need some help here. Rovan 450LT 4WD

I just put a new top end on because I think I didnt break it in right the first time. Seemed I lost compression. New top end in and it is tight!

This time I started it and idle for about 5 minutes. Then after cool down I let it idle for 15 minutes. Then after cool down I was out and running it at most I never got above 1/2 throttle but mostly just enough to keps it running and rolling, and all of a sudden it went wide open and I could shut it down. I am pushing it into brake mode and nothing! So I quickly sent into the grass and flipped it and it tacked out and quit before I got there. I was within 3 seconds of getting to it after I flipped it. Damn thing was hauling the mail!
I pulled the body off and have noticed that the throttle servo was a full throttle. I manually moved the servo back into place and turn the radio on the the truck. after a few seconds I noticed that the servo started to glitch without touching anything. It glitched to full throttle. WTH might be the issue here?

Bad servo?
Trim on radio?

Any help and input will be appreciated.
Same thing happened to me twice: first time it ran full bore back into my garage and broke a few things in my Redcat Rampage XR front-end. The second time, it tore off from my driveway, onto the street, and into a kerb at full speed---bending the chassis and shattering a lot of parts. I had to buy a new chassis and replace the parts. I also bought a Dynamite killswitch. I think the Killer Bee is better, however.

So, for those who do not have a killswitch, ALWAYS test to see thathe your throttle/brake servo locks to brake everytime you switch your radio off. If it locks to full throttle, recalibrate your receiver to ensure it locks to full brake. CAUTION: Never do this test with the engine running! If you wish to test with the engine running, however, put the vehicle on a stand or blocks.

Sorry to hear about your issue, happy for you it didn't hurt anyone or your truck
I'm shocked they don't install from factory

IMHO: NO KILL NO START
I run a super killer bee
very happy
easy install
and works on my spectrum
also use the failsafe in radio

I had the same problem whit a baja 5b but it was the steering servo.
Turn the car on the steering start to glitch i tought it was out of bound,so i bind it again it worked.
Took the car out car ran good, i tought it was out of bond.
Same week took it out again turn switch on and the steering went full right and never came back.
Had to change the servo car is running like a champ.
To me it is your servo.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks