home brew mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twissted

79c5d75e-c428-41dd-ae9b-f2c5b0171805_zps2e04df36.gif

so I used arrows to show some of the mods that have been done. stuff you can't see well I will show pics of later.
The motor is the stock 26cc I drilled and dremel the clutch housing so that it cooled better I did this by drilling between the fins and dremeled from the back side.
The flywheel is drilled out and then rebalanced so that the motor runs smoother and cooler. It being lighter in weight lets the motor rev faster.
The cooling vents for the motor was covered from the inside with copper screen so that rocks wouldn't break the fins off the flywheel.
The carb. was left alone but the end bell was changed so that I could use the TGN 3 stage one piece filter.
Moving to the servos I went with the Savox HV high torque unit up front and moved the stock front servo to the rear. I added a lipo 7.4 3200 battery from HK Nano-tec. With the add power I added some bracing so that the servo brace wouldn't move. This added more braking power as well.
Working on making smooth steering was done with adding a DDM RACING ALUMINUM FRONT TOP CHASSIS BRACE. Also I added a Hot Racing steering link.

This is a new Modified motor that I bought off of ebay from a guy that never used it but put some parts on it and then sold it. It's a full mod OBR I don't use it much cause it eats clutches and the power difference is on the bottom end and for bashing it's not needed.

img_3943_zps5ca24ed2.gif
img_3944_zps55810873.gif

I bought a 20 tooth and spacers as well for this motor.

Titanium Parts

Team Losi Racing TLR6200 Titanium Transmission Screw Set/12 Fr/Cent/Rr Five-T 5T
Team Losi Racing TLR6201 Titanium Camber Link Screw Set(8): Five-T 5T
Team Losi TLR6204 Titanium Front/Rear Transmission Screw Set(12): Five-T 5T
Team Losi Racing TLR6202 Titanium Steering Link Screw Set(4): Five-T 5T
Losi LOSB5911 Titanium Turnbuckles/Turnbuckles(4) 6x99mm: 5ive-T 5T
Losi LOSB2089 TiNi Front or Rear Inner Suspension Hinge Pins/2 Ti-Nitride 5ive-T
Losi LOSB2861 TiNi Front Shock Shaft Set (2) Titanium-Nitride: 5ive-T 5T
Losi LOSB2862 TiNi Rear Shock Shafts Set (2) Titanium-Nitride: 5ive-T 5T
This is what I ordered to make some upgrades that should slip through the cracks.

Last edited:
Losi 5ive pipe Mods

largescalerc001_zps1f552e45.gif
largescalerc002_zpsdcfe8e8f.gif
largescalerc003_zpsb6503563.gif
I use silicone gasket glue in the sleeve of the pipe. Clean and no leaks!
The red heat silicon by Mr. Gasket is the best.

The best exhaust gasket Period!

The very best exhaust gasket that money can buy is made from this
OBRLosimotor007_zpsb53f2f15.gif
GRAPH-LOCK® 3123/3125

Style 3123/3125
A pure graphite sheet. Thicknesses <1/16" are homogeneous graphite and >1/16" are laminated.

Benefits
Excellent resistance Pure exfoliated graphite flake material excels in extreme conditions, withstanding heat, pressure, and aggressive chemicals
Proven fire-safe
Reliable seal Seals easily under moderate bolt load, offers superior torque retention
Retains dimensional stability in high temperatures; seals tightly even during pressure fluctuations

Specifications:

Min. Temperature: -400 (°F)
Max. Temperature: 850 (°F)
Max. Pressure: 2000 (PSI)
Maximum PxT 1/16: 700,000 (°F x PSIG)
Maximum PxT 1/8: 350,000 (°F x PSIG)

Last edited:
So here is a mod that I picked up off of ebay. cost 9 dollars each and really picks up the rpm of the motor. I switch out the wrist pins on the OBR 30.5 and also the Gimo 30.5 full mod motors. I took a picture of the wrist pins and the one with the most weight is on the left and came out of the Zenoah that was built by OBR The middle one is from the RCMK that gizmomotors built. as far as the piston goes it looks like they both remove weight the same way. 2cycle305kingpins001_zpsc9d50642.gif

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks