Hormann Buggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkk

Does anyone in the US sell these? Are there models to avoid? I doubt I'll be able to find anyone to Race with but a bunch of local guys are bashing around with 5b/5t and love to go to the next level. Thanks in advance

hello mate

DDM are hormann dealers

what model are you looking to get , there nothing i don't know about hormann cars .
i was a Hormann dealer in the uk

jason

First off thanks for the response. I didn't see the Hormanns on the ddm website, guess I'll have to dig deeper. As for a particular model, I don't know what the delineating factors are yet. My only familiarity comes from watching rcracingtv but they look like winners. Like I said we currently have a hand full of guys bashing around with 5b/t and I’m looking for something different. I don’t know that I need (or want from a maintenance standpoint) a full-fledged race buggy but at least something more geared to the track.

First off thanks for the response. I didn't see the Hormanns on the ddm website, guess I'll have to dig deeper. As for a particular model, I don't know what the delineating factors are yet. My only familiarity comes from watching rcracingtv but they look like winners. Like I said we currently have a hand full of guys bashing around with 5b/t and I’m looking for something different. I don’t know that I need (or want from a maintenance standpoint) a full-fledged race buggy but at least something more geared to the track.

If your just bashing , would you want to spend $2000 on a car ?

What you have to look at is do I have a local dealer that sells hormann/elcon/Fg parts

What you have to remember what you see on tv is most cars are about the same , it's the driver that makes them look good .

Jason

I wish we had local support but pretty much everything is internet order anyway. I've owned 1/5 on road in the past from FG, Harm, and SVM an am aware of the premium for a vehicle designed to race.

If I remember right the fg is belt drive which is interesting. The MCD appears to be laid out like a 1:8 buggy. I don't know much about the Elcor or Hormann (thus the question.)

As far as it being more about the driver I'd agree, all things being equal, but the 5b seems radically different than the others (2wd vs 4wd and a significantly different wheel base).

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks