How long has your differential lasted?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheyDontWantMusic

Reading the Rules!
Serious question, if you've had the car for 3 years, and the diif(s) are still fine, let me know.

Just looking for some numbers here :)

I have a monster truck, but information about any vehicle is of use.

thanks for your time!

had my sq baja 1 week and the diff give up, when i stip,d it there was no plugs in diff casing to hold the diff oil in:no:fitted a hpi diff packed it with grease and fitted plugs , give it a lot of abuse since and all seems fine, think its the luk of the draw with clones but someone at sq forgot to fit my diff plugs.:no::no::no:

the reason I ask, is that the clown I bought my 1:5 FS Racing truck off of claims:

James, I do believe I have to provide a warranty when goods are faulty. However it's not a manufacturing fault when a diff lets go after 2 hours use. For example diffs in top end nitro cars commonly last 1 hour, tires on 1/5 cars last 2 tanks of fuel etc. I've offered you a discount on the parts its entirely up to you what you do from this point, all that repeatedly emailing me with the same question will do is lose you your discount.

after my diff ceased to "diff" after 2 hours of use, and me seeking repairs under warranty...

so... anyone had their diff last 60 minutes? lol

May be it would be an idea to include the manufacturer to give a quality comparison of clones vs originals.

My FG was 2nd hand when I bought it back in Feb (albeit 1 careful owner :clown:) but still going strong on the original diff.

May be it would be an idea to include the manufacturer to give a quality comparison of clones vs originals.

My FG was 2nd hand when I bought it back in Feb (albeit 1 careful owner :clown:) but still going strong on the original diff.

its not so much about the brands.

more to provide some evidence to this "business" that his 30 minute claim is ludicrous :)

it sucks when a new car brakes ,i had a list of faults i won,t even bore you with, i was offered all my broken parts replaced for new but i had to fit them myself,, which then voids my warranty. have you asked for just the replacment parts or for him to do the repair.

it sucks when a new car brakes ,i had a list of faults i won,t even bore you with, i was offered all my broken parts replaced for new but i had to fit them myself,, which then voids my warranty. have you asked for just the replacment parts or for him to do the repair.

I asked for replacement parts for ME to do my own repairs!

originally, I asked about the diff housing, and planetary gears...

$70 he wanted for them... :clown:

apparently, a diff failing in less than 2 hours is normal wear and tear, and therefore not warranted.. lol

UH no its not. the diffs in my high end nitro cars last years. they just never spend alot of time in the car. due to the tuning i do

I asked for replacement parts for ME to do my own repairs!

originally, I asked about the diff housing, and planetary gears...

$70 he wanted for them... :clown:

apparently, a diff failing in less than 2 hours is normal wear and tear, and therefore not warranted.. lol

no he,s wrong thats not normal wear and tear, but unless they give you warranty on paper with whats cover,d and whats not ,what can you do, he should if he was a decent shop just send the parts,

Who the hell did you buy that from???? A diff lasting two hours,a set of fifth tyres lasting two tanks and nitro diffs lasting ONE hour???? I didnt know they had broadband for patients in mental institutes? This bloke is on serious medication or he just sells shite!
J.

ive only gone through a diff once in my nitros and thats cause slight warping tore the gears up. but in my E revo brushless edition the 12lb car gets going to 50 in less than a second (if i can keep the front end down ) and the only thing ive torn on it is a bukhead and driveshaft. both were my fault no the rigs. so if the small diffs in my cars can handle the riggors of going 50mph in 1 sec then those large scale diffs should be bulletproof

ive only gone through a diff once in my nitros and thats cause slight warping tore the gears up. but in my E revo brushless edition the 12lb car gets going to 50 in less than a second (if i can keep the front end down ) and the only thing ive torn on it is a bukhead and driveshaft. both were my fault no the rigs. so if the small diffs in my cars can handle the riggors of going 50mph in 1 sec then those large scale diffs should be bulletproof
Jeeze mate thats fast! Do you have a vid?
J.

yeah the electric's are fast....the miss's E-Max hits 50 in about 2 seconds...
There just to quite.....no loud exhaust.....I have a rustler for the grand child....
I like the 1/10 E-Revo...install the castle mamba monster in there you will hit
98 mhp easy using 6's lipo's........Slawhammer

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks