How to stop stone chip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCD dood

Hi there guys, I'm just about ready to paint the shell of my MCD w5 short course truck body, was wondering how to stop stone chip under the guards, I'm just about all way's running in gravel
I've read on here shoe goo & dry wall tape, sounds like it will add a lot of weight
I've also read on here duct tape, that option sounds lighter
Any other suggestions from you guys would be great
Thanks guys 😁

How about a paint chip guard like they use for cars and trucks? It is available in spray or in a sheet form like clear vinyl.
Due to the smaller size and curves your body might have I would guess the spray might be better.

So far I have sprayed cans of Plasti Dip and cans of truck bed coating/liner to prevent rock chips.

For me, Shoe Goo and drywall tape is used just to brace these generic OEM bodies. With bodies from RCP and Woodster, these is no need for Shoe Goo and drywall tape.

Thanks for the info, did the truck liner work well
I definitely won't have to brace the body, as it scerws to the roll cage in 16 spot's

So far I have sprayed cans of Plasti Dip and cans of truck bed coating/liner to prevent rock chips.

For me, Shoe Goo and drywall tape is used just to brace these generic OEM bodies. With bodies from RCP and Woodster, these is no need for Shoe Goo and drywall tape.
Yeah no need for drywall tape...just thin layer of shoe good = no chips. 👍

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks