Hpi 5b Zenoah g290rc goodies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyroM!ke247

Always nice to get to the post office to pick up goodies.Time to take the old cy 26 out. It's been a good engine bit it's time for the Zen g290.
Gonna keep it stock. I have other goodies coming. Time for an overhaul lol. Gonna change several things on my rig in the next week. Doing a complete teardown.20180425_143709.jpg 20180425_143935.jpg

Always nice to get to the post office to pick up goodies.Time to take the old cy 26 out. It's been a good engine bit it's time for the Zen g290.
Gonna keep it stock. I have other goodies coming. Time for an overhaul lol. Gonna change several things on my rig in the next week. Doing a complete teardown.View attachment 45471 View attachment 45472

You can't beat the G290 for reliability.

Yes. But I have a 990 on my mtxl. It's easy enough to start. Waiting on exhaust, new tires, outerwears, and other cosmetic parts. Gonna be a week or so before I get er going

Prime the bulb 10 times. Pull it over slow 3 or 4 times to cycle the engine. Then it usually starts in 3 to 4 pulls. Make sure your tuned right. Never adjust idle with the lsn. I've never had issues starting a motor with the wt990

Prime the bulb 10 times. Pull it over slow 3 or 4 times to cycle the engine. Then it usually starts in 3 to 4 pulls. Make sure your tuned right. Never adjust idle with the lsn. I've never had issues starting a motor with the wt990
How is your 990 tuned? I seem to have to run mine unusually lean to get a proper tune. Im at like 3/4 to 7/8 turn out on the low needle and 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 out on the high

Got parts today. Crankcase Outerwears installed. Billet intake and inclined shreadstack installed. Billet clutch housing, lightened high response clutch , vertigo clutch bell, fast Eddies bearings installed. Bumping the gearing up to 18/56. Couple more days I'll have it back together. Still got chassis work to do... 20180510_143814.jpg

Last edited:
How is your 990 tuned? I seem to have to run mine unusually lean to get a proper tune. Im at like 3/4 to 7/8 turn out on the low needle and 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 out on the high
I'm not sure what you mean. If your comparing the 990 to the stock carb, the 990 has different factory needle settings. I've never had issues with a 990.

20180514_130415.jpg
Got her all back together. New tires, axle extenders, turtle racing servo saver. The Hostile tires are badass! There gonna ruin my yard lol. Now time to break the new engine in.....

Last edited:
I'm not sure why people complain about the 990 carb. It started in 3 pulls, and this was the very first start of this new engine. I did have to screw idle screw in 1 full turn to get it to idle. All im doing is idling heat cycles. According to the manual the factory settings are LSN 1 1/4, HSN 1 1/8.. this is very rich but I'm just idling through the first tank.

I'm not sure why people complain about the 990 carb. It started in 3 pulls, and this was the very first start of this new engine. I did have to screw idle screw in 1 full turn to get it to idle. All im doing is idling heat cycles. According to the manual the factory settings are LSN 1 1/4, HSN 1 1/8.. this is very rich but I'm just idling through the first tank.
I only complain cause the only way to start it was with starter fluid and the performance is no better than a 668

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks