Hpi and KM clutch holder different - help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rory

My clutch shoe holder broke, so I ordered an HPI one as their metal parts are usually stronger than KMs.

Its not the same though, Im suprised. Firstly you can see the inner bore is a different size, theres a lip on the hpi one ( the shiny new unbroken one )

Secondly, the KM one has a higher set screw on point for the clutch shoes. Whether this is important for the fit in the clutch bell, I don't know. Has anybody come across this?

P13604871.jpg
P1360489.jpg

To confuse me more, looking up rcmodelz.co.uk ( supplier of KM cars and parts here in the UK ) their pic of the clutch holder looks the same as the HPI one! This is it :

KMsclutchshoeholder.jpg

Totally confused ! Why is mine different?

The KM one is not the same as the CY.
The CY is not the same as the Zen.
The Cy and KM will work on each. I think the Km one was extended a bit due to the one piece clutch case and crank case on the KM motor.

The Zen is a bit different but, I think it would work too.

The KM one is not the same as the CY.
The CY is not the same as the Zen.
The Cy and KM will work on each. I think the Km one was extended a bit due to the one piece clutch case and crank case on the KM motor.

The Zen is a bit different but, I think it would work too.

dam i was going to say that :rolleyes: :lol:

Ive emailed the guy who supplies King motors in the UK so hoping he will have the part I need. If not, I guess I'll have to replace the crankshaft with one suitable for my hpi clutch shoe holder , or chuck in my 26cc cy

Ive emailed the guy who supplies King motors in the UK so hoping he will have the part I need. If not, I guess I'll have to replace the crankshaft with one suitable for my hpi clutch shoe holder , or chuck in my 26cc cy

it should fit on no problem.The KM one is the same as the HPI one.Your buggy must have been an earlier one when parts where slightly different.

it should fit on no problem.The KM one is the same as the HPI one.Your buggy must have been an earlier one when parts where slightly different.

Ah I didnt know they used to have some different parts. As I say its under a year old ,a KM002.

Ive emailed that guy Dan in the states to see if he has any of my part in stock.

Well I emailed RCmodelz and got no reply. Emailed Dan from the USA and he replied saying he doesn't have that part.

So I've emailed UAE baja, maybe they can help.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks