HPI BAJA engine advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ESC-RC

Hi guys.Looking for a bit of advice.The engine on my baja is running well but how much smoke is normal out the exhaust.And their seems to be a slight echo as well at idle which goes out as I put the gas on.Im useing 2stroke motorcycle oil that I got at a local petrol station.I think the buggy is sound but just wanted to get a bit of advice before I go and run it full throttle.Tried to put videos of it on but it would not let me.

Theres no metric for smoke. Different oils burn at different rates, as well as ratio being a depending factor. What I say is too much or too little smoke may, or may not be fine. If your confident in your tuning abilities, then the amount of smoke doesn't matter. If you have a strong idle and a smooth transition to mid through high rpm then you are more likely fine. Again smoke level doesn't really matter.

Thanks guys.The buggy does have a strong idle but have not gone above quarter throttle with the engine so can’t tell if it’s ok at mid to full throttle.The car was build in 2012 and a tank put through it at low throttle and then not used till May of this year.I put 80 ml of oil to 2 litres of gas.I have videos of it running but don’t know how to put them on the forum.?.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks