HPI Dual motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3illmesmart

Lifetime PLUS!
PLUS member
Did HPI actually produce a dual motor setup? Or is this a frankenbuggy?
Special? Rare?

dualhpi01.png

dualhpi02.png

dualhpi03.png

Thanks cmbscx10. From the HPI Wikipedia page (Who'da thunk)

E-Savage[edit]​

An electric version, dubbed E-Savage, is a 1/10 scale version similar in design to the original. It is powered by two HPI "GT550" 14.4v electric motors and competes in the market defined by models such as the Traxxas E-Maxx and Kyosho Twin Force. It shares no parts at all with the full size Savage because it is simply a rebadged Hot Bodies E-Zilla.

I had a e savage for a while way back, lots of fun for a little truck. Tough suspe lion arms and hubs, but thecstock plastic drive shafts and diff cups where weak to say the least, especially if emaxx motors and esc where put in for 16.8 volts, I did manage metal dog bones for center drive shafts from Kershaw designs when he was still alive, even retrofitted e maxx drivevshafts, but then the savage flux came out and it was a whole new level of power and durability, so the e savage got dumped

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks