HPI Newbee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCAholic

Why on God's green earth, Would HPI sell such a great product as the 5b with such a restrictive exhaust system that it is a dog out of the box? If I had not checked out the posts here prior to purchasing this car, I would have been very dissapointed in spending nearly $1000 on a dog. After my first tank, i removed the stinger and gutted the muffler for vastly improved performance. I don't get it!!! Do You??? Hey HPI What's Up With That???? How many 5b buyers out therr don't know about our secrete??? Just my thoughts and not yours. :2guns:

I do believe they mention taking the stinger off in the Yellow insert about tuning. Plus when you take the stinger off you really screw up your wing...but its worth it! :)

add the stingers. if you don't you may suck crap into the Xcan then into the motor. Seen it here First Hand on 2 of them. TRUST ME< make 1/2 in stingers. or get the new TGN Xcan Stingers for it!
T

I believe the reason for the baffle is not only for noise control but also for spark arrester capabilities. I know there are laws about this sort of thing on atv's on public land

add the stingers. if you don't you may suck crap into the Xcan then into the motor. Seen it here First Hand on 2 of them. TRUST ME< make 1/2 in stingers. or get the new TGN Xcan Stingers for it!
T

I planned to use 2 HPI stingers since I have won one on ebay for .99. If it works well I will continue to use it. If not I may fabricate my own 2-1 silencer setup and see how that works. I am trying to stay away from the tuned pipes even though they give better performance. Don't like the look of most of them on the B5. If I were a racer I wouldnt care.

i think 2 of those should be ok. actually may restrict it just enough to make the low end spool up more controllable.
T

i think 2 of those should be ok. actually may restrict it just enough to make the low end spool up more controllable.
T

Got the extra stinger and installed both. Hope to run today and test. Initial startup sounded good but still loud (as if I care:) ) I am plannining to shoot some photos and try and get them posted. Full throttle to all.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks