I got one!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
forgot to ask ....what is meant to be in place of the 2 cable ties in the first picture...looks like a servo horn screwed in as well...I'm guessing this is not standard...lol

This is where the brace should be in a triangle to the 2 screws on the diff mount

all the band is doing is bearing down on the clutch bell sort of making a brake if it worked....

Bearing wise I will strip the car down and check out the whole car and seeing how they all are...

found a few things now that have made me think twice...lol the fg tuning exhaust has a few dents but its staying for now..

Thanks Dwarfy glad to see there are some nice people left out there!

I will see if I can find a standard brace picture and make a new one myself..got the workshop for it so I might aswell use it..

all the band is doing is bearing down on the clutch bell sort of making a brake if it worked....

Bearing wise I will strip the car down and check out the whole car and seeing how they all are...

found a few things now that have made me think twice...lol the fg tuning exhaust has a few dents but its staying for now..

Thanks Dwarfy glad to see there are some nice people left out there!

I will see if I can find a standard brace picture and make a new one myself..got the workshop for it so I might aswell use it..

don't know what you mean with the strap on the clutch bell but you need a brake anyway. Looks like the gear carrier has seen better days with the cable ties holding the spur gear in place.

Bearings from JE Spares......
http://www.jespares.com/petrol-models?page=shop.browse&category_id=957

Wheel bearings - 8x22x7
Layshaft bearings - 10x19x7
Clutch bell bearings - 10x22x6

I have a drawing of the brace somewhere cos I had some st.stl. 1's made up. I will find it & email it up to you. Will drop you a PM when I got it.

Ah right just twigged!!!! Cos you don't have the brace, the band that you can see around the screw through the servo horn is there to stop the engine mount from moving which would fook up the gear mesh between the layshaft gear and diff ring gear.

I wasn't sure about the gear carrier but was just going to have a look as it got stripped down...you have confirmed its probably goose'd.

didnt want to ask 300 questions in the first night of owning a baja...lol

plenty still to come.

I wasn't sure about the gear carrier but was just going to have a look as it got stripped down...you have confirmed its probably goose'd.

didnt want to ask 300 questions in the first night of owning a baja...lol

plenty still to come.

Start a new thread for the strip down & take pics as you go then if anyone spots anything they can let you know. I just done 1 with my 2nd marder & its useful to look back on for reference ;)

I have read my way through that 2 or 3 times so far....

well its time for bed and think about it tomorrow....

thanks all

I use a product called ZaPII it takes me 15min to do the mesh mod with a hair dryer and some screen off the window. Now I have holes in all my screens. :laugh:
ZAP12t.jpg

Here you go Dwarfy...might explain the brake a bit better...
not that it matters as its going in the bin....

useless.jpg

Pulled in direction of arrow the band is pulled against the clutch bell slowing the bell down in effect giving the worst brakes ever...lol

And I found another spring seat in the spare parts that arrived today so thanks for the offer..

The previous owner must av been an engineering genius :lol::lol: He will be inventing a parachute next made out of a fishing net :w00t:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks