I got one!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aaahhhhh ha it did arrive....5.30..but only 1 box out of 2..

I got it fired up and had a little 3min run..

now is to see how far i can throw the steer wheel controller.I really cant get along with it...sticks coming up..

pics will follow shortly..

Kept you waiting then :lol: I don't like wheel sets either mate. What set are you going to get or have you already sorted 1?

I'm tempted to keep costs down and use my ko propo espirt 2..
Any body Know of any problems using this radio..?

I'm already needing to replace the front cage..sort out the brakes and give it a general tidy up when I rebuild it..

I think it will go twice as fast when I remove all the extra paint from it

here are a couple of pics before it gets stripped down..

IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0457.jpg

Its got a few nice alloy bits on it and a couple of bottles on the back which I don't know if I should keep or not :lol:

if you can see any problems let me know

cheers Charlie

I have spent the last week or so reading about every thing and thats why I said not sure if I should keep or not...

probably remove them to start with and have a play at a later date then throw them away later...lol

cheers Charlie

I have spent the last week or so reading about every thing and thats why I said not sure if I should keep or not...

probably remove them to start with and have a play at a later date then throw them away later...lol

to be totally honest fella i wouldn't entertain them just bin um :lol:

Nice matey :cool2: I love the baja wheels :drool: I would get rid of the boost bottles - they are more hassle than they are worth and make it difficult to hold a decent tune. The roll cage is the same as mine on 'Marder No 2' where it fixes thru the front brace and into the servo saver. Looks spot on from the pics and not much tidying required. Get a killer bee remote kill switch when you have decided which radio you are going to use. You have to get the version compatible with the set. How much did you give for it?

oh poop yeah forgot to say about the kill switch ;) they're a must before you go bashin with it, don't go for a failsafe as they only apply the brakes when you lose signal, a kill switch will kill the engine if you lose signal, tx battery, rx battery or if you flick the third channel and are a lot safer ;)

I paid £430 for it...

but it should have loads of spares 3 sets of wheels/tyres and 3 spare engines
but thats all in the box that didn't get delivered...lol

its just the front part of the cage thats required.. the 2 main tubes of it are cracked..

what kind of brake is fitted to these as standard as the brakes are non existant on this car...lol don't help when you cant drive with steer wheel..

I paid £430 for it...

but it should have loads of spares 3 sets of wheels/tyres and 3 spare engines
but thats all in the box that didn't get delivered...lol

its just the front part of the cage thats required.. the 2 main tubes of it are cracked..

what kind of brake is fitted to these as standard as the brakes are non existant on this car...lol don't help when you cant drive with steer wheel..

Nice set of spares as well :w00t:
The std brake is on the layshaft. Either upgrade this to the layshaft tuning brake for £30 which is excellent by the way or get some front cables or hydros.

been out and had a look and there is no layshaft brake at all.....It a U shaped strap sat around the clutch bell so thats going....who is the best mail order company to deal with for spare parts?

been out and had a look and there is no layshaft brake at all.....It a U shaped strap sat around the clutch bell so thats going....who is the best mail order company to deal with for spare parts?

Rossendale Models are excellent for FG spares & advise. The guys there race 5th's so they know what they are talking about.

http://www.rossmod.co.uk/

Not sure what the strap is that you can see?? Post a pic!
The layshaft brake should be just behind the spur gear (big 1!). Follow the brake rod from the servo and you should be able to see the disc & pads in there

ok here is the brake band..exhaust removed ...

IMAG0460.jpg

and another question.....what is the name or part number for the spring seat at the bottom of the shock absorber...its missing from here

IMAG0461.jpg

cheers for all your help

forgot to ask ....what is meant to be in place of the 2 cable ties in the first picture...looks like a servo horn screwed in as well...I'm guessing this is not standard...lol

Get the layshaft tuning brake seeing as you need 1 anyway!! Looks like you have a bearing missing where the layshaft passes through the large engine mount. JE Spares are cheap for these.

I may have a spare part for the shock so will have a look tomorrow & let you know. If I have I will post it up to you.

Not sure what the band is doing?? It shouldnt be there unless its holding something together!!

The brace between the engine mount and diff is missing. You can either get the stock ally 1 or make your own preferably out of stainless steel.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks