I have made history in the Kraken Vekta 5 world.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William E Burrows Jr

Dear a Members,
I was told these famous words, I never heared of anyone having this problem you are describing with the Vekta 5. This came from Tech. Support.
To cut to the chase, I changed out the front diff. and replaced some bearings in the transmission for general maintenance. On the bench everything rotated super smooth.
Ran it slow all good until I gave it some gas and the front end shakes radically. Possible binding in the front end at high speed. Will tear down and see if the pins in the CVD,s show any wear.
Will let you know how this history making repair go's.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

dam dudeo_O u aint having much luck rc wise r u......:confused:........ I thought u were going to say u did 1 whole tank and its still running......:eek:......;)
LoL i thougth so too.

Dear a Members,
I was told these famous words, I never heared of anyone having this problem you are describing with the Vekta 5. This came from Tech. Support.
To cut to the chase, I changed out the front diff. and replaced some bearings in the transmission for general maintenance. On the bench everything rotated super smooth.
Ran it slow all good until I gave it some gas and the front end shakes radically. Possible binding in the front end at high speed. Will tear down and see if the pins in the CVD,s show any wear.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

thats sucks (n)(n) personally, if I were u, I would just fix it then sell it but if u want to keep it, b my guest, im stating my opinion

Dear a Members,
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

SUCCESS: I took apart most of my Vekta 5 searching for something that was binding.
The culprit was the rear Diff. internals, I purchased the kit and replaced the damaged parts.
All Good, that was a tough one to fix, at leased 20 hours on the bench.
Personality I would warn anyone from converting the transmission so you can run the Maxxis tires.
I think the conversion puts to much load on the drive train.
William E. Burrows Jr.

Last edited:
@William E Burrows Jr . I am truly sorry for everything that has happened with your Vekta. But I have learned a lot from your issues. I can honestly say by now I would have given up on it!

I am in the position of whats called the Golden Handcuffs, to much money invested, many spare parts from upgrades and the hope someday this Buggy will performed as advertised.
Call it wishful thinking.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks