If you own a Hitec servo, this is a must-read!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seen a video someplace on youtube where a guy used stuff like plastidip spray.

he caoted the servos with it, now i know you cant cover up that midsection on the one with the heatsink, but couldnt you use that stuff to cover the top and bottom portions up to and just over the seals?

maybe only catch the first fin on top0 and bottom past the seals to seal them.

opinions??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu4muQWNwxM

also that grease thats talked about, i ordered some off ebay made for hitec servos and 1 other point don't use the clear plastidip, use the black stuff.

Wow he made a mess of that i think id rather replace the o'rings regularly
But id definitely grease the spline up

Troy

I use that Liquid Electrical tape for all kinds of waterproofing. It works great. You don't need to coat the entire servo with it just coat the seams and scrape off the excess with a piece of thick paper or cardboard. Its very easy to see if you missed any spots.

your all wrong there is nothing wrong with the hitec servos they are great quality and never have problems at all. oh wait everyones gonna jump now telling me how wrong i am LMAO.

anyways, to the op. i would crack teh case just enough to put some liquid electrical tape in the area where the oring goes and then retighten the case, once the case is retightened wipe off teh excess liquid electrical tape, for an added measure you could put a rubber o-ring on the output shaft before reinstalling the servo horn.

your all wrong there is nothing wrong with the hitec servos they are great quality and never have problems at all. oh wait everyones gonna jump now telling me how wrong i am LMAO. .

No mate, where not, its the only bit on youre baja that works because you didnt put it together!!!:lol::lol::lol:

sorry i couldnt resist!

your all wrong there is nothing wrong with the hitec servos they are great quality and never have problems at all. oh wait everyones gonna jump now telling me how wrong i am LMAO.

teh teh teh teh teh teh teh teh

You have no clue what your talking about.
Ive returned more Hitec servos for warranty then you clam to have bad parts from HPI AND THAT IS A LOT!!!

I think your head is where your ass belongs and as well all know, your ass is on your shoulders with the hole pointing forward.
hitec servos .....never have problems at all

Ill have to say they do have a great repair center and get them back fast. I just carry spares with me so Im never out of commission.

teh teh teh teh teh teh teh teh

You have no clue what your talking about.
Ive returned more Hitec servos for warranty then you clam to have bad parts from HPI AND THAT IS A LOT!!!

I think your head is where your ass belongs and as well all know, your ass is on your shoulders with the hole pointing forward.

Ill have to say they do have a great repair center and get them back fast. I just carry spares with me so Im never out of commission.

tisk tisk tisk you improperly install a hitec servo and claim it is deffective talk about ignorant not only that you copy design ideas and pass them off as innovative and insult your customer base/future customer base and don't expect it to cost you :rolleyes:

tisk tisk tisk you improperly install a hitec servo and claim it is deffective talk about ignorant not only that you copy design ideas and pass them off as innovative and insult your customer base/future customer base and don't expect it to cost you :rolleyes:

nuff said!

staying on topic, ive never had a hitec servo go fut, even when ive had my baja submerged in water, the throttle broke instead & it shot off lol!

Last edited by a moderator:

You would know all there is to know about improperly installing parts.

In this case however, it has nothing to do with a servo failing. All servos, no matter who makes it have failures. It happens.

For you of all people to make a statement that Hitec servos never has problems once again shows your true ignorance of this hobby.:lol:

You would know all there is to know about improperly installing parts.

In this case however, it has nothing to do with a servo failing. All servos, no matter who makes it have failures. It happens.

For you of all people to make a statement that Hitec servos never has problems once again shows your true ignorance of this hobby.:lol:

:lol: hmm is this now role reversal :lol: however i just bet you still don't realize that not just servos have failures EVERYTHING manufactured does including the baja, bicycles, tv, pc parts, tv's etc., etc., etc. the only difference is some companies hide the fact that they have "an acceptable rate of failures" which to date i have only found one but this isnt about that and about servos :D. anyway, only servos i have ever had fail were some that were 10 to 20 years old which face it were so old it was no big surprise they failed, a patriot rc servo (2 of them actually which what do you expect for a 29.99 servo that boasts similar specs to teh 7955TG), then of course the hpi large scale steering servo that came with my ss (didnt faile per sey just snapped the plastic output shaft off turning the car around (of course people would tell me i hit something which the 3 people who were standing around could say otherwise).

i don't doubt he had a failure rob i was poking fun returning back what everyone keeps telling me ( you know "it isnt the equipment it is operator error" ):lol:

22645_221784634914_525029914_3163387_3734627_n.jpg

is this what your pc says everyday?

nope my pc works like a champ bud (i built it from the ground up), question does yours upon boot up skip everythign and go straight to I D ten T or PEBKAC? :lol: ( i assume yours is off teh shelf store bought :D )

nope my pc works like a champ bud (i built it from the ground up), question does yours upon boot up skip everythign and go straight to I D ten T or PEBKAC? :lol: ( i assume yours is off teh shelf store bought :D )

bull, you cant build baja's for poop, & you soldering & making every component from the ground up, please... no its not off teh, its off the shelf, no its not, suck my unwashed balls

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks