I'm new to this hobby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One1Savage_

Hi guys i'm very new to this 1/5 petrol hobby and past saturday with christmas iv'e got my first king motor 002 right from the box it start in like less then 3 pulls or so iv'e done 4 heat cycle's in totaal i wanted to do my last heat cycle yesterday but i couldn't get the engine started so i took the plug out it didn't spark so iv'e replace it but it still didn't fire up but it keeps pop with the choke off

what do i need to if the spark plug sparks but the engine doesn't fire up ?: increase the th trim? or the idle screw?

does a weather tempature matters?: The day iv'e did the heat cycles it was 2 degrees celsius in the netherlands

do i need to buy a couples of spark plugs?: iv'e run the engine pretty rich because of the break in

when do i need to adjust the carb?: i don't want to keep change spark plugs everytime iv'e drove the car

pls let me kno guys i really need some help

You only need to do one initial 5min heat cycle, just to lube the engine, and let cool completely.
Then with it still running real rich (coughing and splattering) drive it like you stole it for for a tank, then start tuning.

The reason yours won't start now is because you've flooded the crankcase with oil from the heat cycles

Last edited:
Hi guys i'm very new to this 1/5 petrol hobby and past saturday with christmas iv'e got my first king motor 002 right from the box it start in like less then 3 pulls or so iv'e done 4 heat cycle's in totaal i wanted to do my last heat cycle yesterday but i couldn't get the engine started so i took the plug out it didn't spark so iv'e replace it but it still didn't fire up but it keeps pop with the choke off

what do i need to if the spark plug sparks but the engine doesn't fire up ?: increase the th trim? or the idle screw?

does a weather tempature matters?: The day iv'e did the heat cycles it was 2 degrees celsius in the netherlands

do i need to buy a couples of spark plugs?: iv'e run the engine pretty rich because of the break in

when do i need to adjust the carb?: i don't want to keep change spark plugs everytime iv'e drove the car

pls let me kno guys i really need some help
I know this has nothing to do with your problem at hand but the 1st thing you should do is buy a killer bee, crazy to run 1 without it. An out of control 5th scale is a scary sight, especially if there people around.

I know this has nothing to do with your problem at hand but the 1st thing you should do is buy a killer bee, crazy to run 1 without it. An out of control 5th scale is a scary sight, especially if there people around.
I would second that recommendation. Even in stock form, the vehicle can be a danger to others if it is running out of control. Several things that can cause this to happen:
  • Low receiver battery voltage.
  • Damaged throttle link, to include lost servo screw that retains the throttle arm.
  • object stuck against throttle arm preventing proper function.
  • loss of signal from transmitter, this may include signal interference or glitches.
  • bad throttle servo or servo failure.
Item in reference is the super bee kill switch. You can find it here: https://www.killerrc.com/
What is great about this device, it can be connected to the third channel on the receiver and used as a remote engine shut off control. Killer Bee uses a relay to short the ignition coil. I have looked at others that appear to be similar, but they use a silicon switch (transistor). Transistor switches may not last long due to the voltage potential of the ignition system under running conditions. Check out the website, I believe there is a video showing the run-away issue, probably due to a low voltage or disconnected battery. I have one on all of my RC gas powered vehicles.

You only need to do one initial 5min heat cycle, just to lube the engine, and let cool completely.
Then with it still running real rich (coughing and splattering) drive it like you stole it for for a tank, then start tuning.

The reason yours won't start now is because you've flooded the crankcase with oil from the heat cycles
How do i fix it ? Do i have to give full throttle to clear out all oil ? And how do i get it started if its full of oil in the crankcase?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks