Improvised Receiver Box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwarfy

Any ideas for marder? Anyone made their own or used something other than the std box? Its a bit tight for the receiver and battle switch so need to find some thing a bit bigger.

Not sure and I might be wrong but I read somewhere that one of the clones has a radio box that is alot bigger than the original FG item.

Or get yourself a small tupperware box with 4 locking tabs.. got mine from morrisons but then again I keep sugar in mine not radio gear:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not sure and I might be wrong but I read somewhere that one of the clones has a radio box that is alot bigger than the original FG item.

Or get yourself a small tupperware box with 4 locking tabs.. got mine from morrisons but then again I keep sugar in mine not radio gear:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What do you put sugar in for??? Ballast??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

dwarfy- I've been working on a MCD Monster Truck and could not get all the servo wires, battery, and receiver in the box provided.
I used a Traxxax receiver box: it's pretty much water tight. Drilled a 3/8" hole in the bottom and on top of my main receiver/battery box and glued them together with RTV and used three small bolts to hold them together.

Here a a couple of pictures

Attachments

• Traxxax box.jpg
    Traxxax box.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 26
  • box mtg with rcvr.jpg
    box mtg with rcvr.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 30
  • box mtg.jpg
    box mtg.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 27
  • elect closed up.jpg
    elect closed up.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 24
i had this problem with the fg box and not being able get rx in and kill switch so now the kill switch lives in a kinder suprise pot you know the little plastic yellow egg that comes with a toy i just drilled a hole in one end for cables and switch fits nice i put tape round join and cable hole and just cable tied it to radio tray plus you get chocolate and a toy

i had this problem with the fg box and not being able get rx in and kill switch so now the kill switch lives in a kinder suprise pot you know the little plastic yellow egg that comes with a toy i just drilled a hole in one end for cables and switch fits nice i put tape round join and cable hole and just cable tied it to radio tray plus you get chocolate and a toy

Good thinking :w00t: Bet you cant get the fecker open again :lol::lol:

Get a smaller kill switch. ;)

he needs a kbee v1 or v2 nuff said

I have the KB V1 on my other marder but this 1 came with a battle switch. The receiver box was trashed with lid missing so need a new 1 anyway. I have been assured that the switch works fine so will give it a go. If not then it will be off to Rossmods for another KB V1 :rolleyes:

i run a t-maxx battery box on my car. its got enough room for the on/off switch, a jr 310 receiver, killer bee, and the direct power wiring harness. it is tight with all that stuff in there, and i cringe at the thought of having to change channels at the track, but it does all fit.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks