Innertube shock covers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pollishman

Has anyone tried this on their shocks? From what I've heard, you take a 24x2.125 bicycle innertube, cut it into pieces and it should fit right over the shocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
to be honest this is the first time i heard of this, i only see a prob with the ends, getting them to stay on and sealing, got any pics or link to this?

Well I went through with it so I posted some pics. I decided to only go from the adjustment nut down to the spring cup of the shocks. I think it looks cleaner this way. I have about 4 feet of the 26x1.75. tube remaining so I can always redo it. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331604349933.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331604349933.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 29
  • uploadfromtaptalk1331604368107.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331604368107.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 37
Well I went through with it so I posted some pics. I decided to only go from the adjustment nut down to the spring cup of the shocks. I think it looks cleaner this way. I have about 4 feet of the 26x1.75. tube remaining so I can always redo it. Let me know what you guys think.
That looks great!

Did you use a zip tie on the top and bottom?

I think the tube probably does slightly restrict the rate of the springs, but since I don't race mine professionally I don't really care. My stock rear springs were weak anyways so if anything they just work better!

this is gangster right here.......hahahahaha....come on guys shocksocks are only a few more bucks than an innertube......lol......also chance of innertube holding moisture and causing issues, Just my opinion but im a dumbass so lets see some more innertubes....lol

Shocksocks are like $15 man, that's expensive! :) where I run there are alot of sticks and whatever else, so I needed something more than cloth covering the shocks.

Those are twice as much as the clothes ones! I bought a clone because I'm frugal. I don't waste money on frivolous things like shock covers with flames on them, sorry. I don't care if people think it looks ghetto-fabulous, its gonna get beat on because that's what I bought it for.

well for $15 thats not expensive in this hobby,come on now! i took the canvas ones from dan, i abuse my baja thru sticks, mud,and the pesky tree stump that pops up every now then and lets not forget the deer and goose crap i ride thru(thats the best part), and those KM socks work great velcro'd so i can take them off wash and put right back on, didnt buy them for flames or the logo's either i actually thought they where just black, but what i think someone said that the rubber glove idea will keep moisture inside the shock spring area and if you put it up for a few days and that moisture has no where to go or evaporate could possibly start to rust the shock shaft, as for it looking ghetto i don't see it looking ghetto

thank you chitown, like I said if you like rusted shocks have at it, I have socks on all 4 of my bajas and have never torn any of them.......Oh well im done in this thread

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks