Is anyone running one of these

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCD dood

50063+3080-including-everything.png
31kw is 41bhp that's a insane amount of power, can the diffs and drive train copy with that much power
Anyone running one of those, I'd like to hear what you think of the motor and ESC combo
I'd be putting it in a MCD w5 ultimate
Be a expensive excise, but would be a lot of fun to drive
https://www.mgm-controllers.com/materials/product/50063+3080-including-everything.png
Sorry didn't mean to post two massages
Didn't think the first one worked

Last edited:
Cool stuff, thanks for the feedback
knew i`d find it...not a rr...newer one.. (y) ...he had one in his rr aswell....
https://cdn.msuk-forum.co.uk/monthl...13.jpeg.ab44a9885d899ffd6cfaede9cbe43f2b.jpeg
https://cdn.msuk-forum.co.uk/monthl...17.jpeg.797ba88f0500caff7bcf097c8d96e8ec.jpeg
quote from the man himself:ROFLMAO:
`
toddfg replied to toddfg's topic in Large Scale RC's
Managed to get out with this today and finally tested the mgm, tried on 14s to start off with and it’s an animal, weather conditions were cold and road/driveway were wet which caused a lot of sideways spinning and crashing into the grass banks, managed to get a couple of good runs, best being 60mph with a gradual increase in speed to reduce wheel spinning, I’m hoping for a dry day to take it back out again but possibly in a different place, the road leads up to a private airport which is causing problems due to signal loss, did try the car on 7s...

Dam that electric motor looks huge 😍
I watched a couple of u-tube vids of one in a rr5 , looked quick, a 107mph on the road
Be wild in the dirt

I've built several brushless mcd. One w5 used a mgm/lehner combo. I made CF mounts for the esc and a larger battery tray than stock because it is quite small. Definitely is more difficult than it could be due to how the mgm esc mount up. Here's pics of a RR5 and a W5 that I did fairly recently.

received_1059981948243254.jpeg

received_700310465299929.jpeg

received_837077247901324.jpeg

Obviously I know this can depend on motor, batteries and driving style but, for a general idea, what kind of run times do you guys see with brushless 1)5 scale cars?

Obviously I know this can depend on motor, batteries and driving style but, for a general idea, what kind of run times do you guys see with brushless 1)5 scale cars?

Similar to a tank of fuel on a big bore rig. 10-15min if you have large lipos. Smaller batteries could be <10min easily if you run it full tilt the whole pack. I run 9500mah packs typically. If you're not mashing the throttle the entire time you can get better runtime.

Similar to a tank of fuel on a big bore rig. 10-15min if you have large lipos. Smaller batteries could be <10min easily if you run it full tilt the whole pack. I run 9500mah packs typically. If you're not mashing the throttle the entire time you can get better runtime.
Wow. My 32cc Zenoah seems to run forever on a tank. I've not timed it but is way longer than 15 minutes. I'll be sticking to gas for large scale it appears. Lol

Wow. My 32cc Zenoah seems to run forever on a tank. I've not timed it but is way longer than 15 minutes. I'll be sticking to gas for large scale it appears. Lol

If you stick to an 8s setup you can get better runtime and still make more power and be faster than a zenoah. Runtime with a zenoah style engine is pretty good because they don't make very much power compared to a big bore etc. Making more power takes more fuel, same with brushless you just need more MAH to run for the same amount of time etc. I mentioned big bore because thats a fairly close comparison. Brushless vs a zenoah is not even in the same playing field. I ran my one 5ive-b on a track on only 6S and it was still faster than the gas rigs and I got pretty good runtime, I actually broke the car before my pack ran out. Brushless is fun if you like to go fast and have instant power. I have both gas and brushless rigs, fun to have some variety instead of a bunch of the same thing.

If you stick to an 8s setup you can get better runtime and still make more power and be faster than a zenoah. Runtime with a zenoah style engine is pretty good because they don't make very much power compared to a big bore etc. Making more power takes more fuel, same with brushless you just need more MAH to run for the same amount of time etc. I mentioned big bore because thats a fairly close comparison. Brushless vs a zenoah is not even in the same playing field. I ran my one 5ive-b on a track on only 6S and it was still faster than the gas rigs and I got pretty good runtime, I actually broke the car before my pack ran out. Brushless is fun if you like to go fast and have instant power. I have both gas and brushless rigs, fun to have some variety instead of a bunch of the same thing.
I'm probably in the minority as I'm plenty happy, currently, with the stock VRC piped 32cc zen so id probably be happy with a lower power brushless set-up as well. I'm not sure how someone can even drive some of these high power cars lol.

I'm probably in the minority as I'm plenty happy, currently, with the stock VRC piped 32cc zen so id probably be happy with a lower power brushless set-up as well. I'm not sure how someone can even drive some of these high power cars lol.

They can definitely be a handful! And you need lots of space... thats the thing with the big bores you need a big field to get good airflow since they don't have fans like the zenoah to push air over the cylinder. I have crazy power stuff but I have a lot of fun with the zenoah rigs too, it's nice to not always break stuff when you go out and run cars haha

They can definitely be a handful! And you need lots of space... thats the thing with the big bores you need a big field to get good airflow since they don't have fans like the zenoah to push air over the cylinder. I have crazy power stuff but I have a lot of fun with the zenoah rigs too, it's nice to not always break stuff when you go out and run cars haha
Eventually I may upgrade to something from OBR or Taylor but 34-35cc is where I'll stay. I have the space here for big power if I wanted. 20 acres. About 60% wooded.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks