Is anyone running one of these

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know that about big bores not having a fan like zenoha
That's a pretty good idea, safer that way at least the drive train & diffs should handle the power
Thats the other thing. Breakage. Id prefer to get as long of usage from gears and shafts as I can. As long as the car has enough power to entertain me, I'm happy.

That won't be happening till the end of the year, just looking into things at the moment, seeing what feedback I receive
Have watched a u-tube vid of a rr5 doing a 107mph, that's crazy
There's even a bigger one it's 40kw, that would leave any big bore for dead
I've built several brushless mcd. One w5 used a mgm/lehner combo. I made CF mounts for the esc and a larger battery tray than stock because it is quite small. Definitely is more difficult than it could be due to how the mgm esc mount up. Here's pics of a RR5 and a W5 that I did fairly recently.

View attachment 91911

View attachment 91912

View attachment 91913
Did you have any trouble with the diffs and drive shafts on the MCD, did they cope with the tourqe & the power

Last edited:
I don't have the same electronics but for what it's worth I run 12s and haven't had to service a thing yet besides center diff screws backing out on my rr5 center diff. Mcd drivetrain seems really good. For comparison, the center driveshaft on my rovan f5 wears down fast

Awesome buddy, thankyou very much for the feedback, I do know that MCD diffs can handle big boar power, I have a look at the video when I get home from work
That MGM motor and ESC combo can handle 15s 😮

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks