Is this a reasonable deal for a Losi 5ive-T ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFnisse

Hi everyone, wanted to upgrade to something new from my old FG monster Truck.
Wanted a Losi 5ive-T for a long time. Planned on going new but found one in the UK that looked pretty much unused. The seller planned on not shipping it anywhere outside the UK and it is out for 750GBP (850$). Talked with the guy and hi could ship sell it with shipping included to me for 1000GBP (1100$).
Not that much done with it, some minor upgrades and a DX4S radio comes with the car.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Losi-5IVE...488153?hash=item2cc084c6d9:g:yowAAOSw8HBZM~9Q

This all assumes no-one wants to bid over 1000GBP ofc don't think I wanna pay much more for it.

Got an OK from the wifey and now I wanted to know what you guys think, good or bad?

Cheers !

A Vekta is not gonna work for me since getting spares would be a nightmare for me.

And not sure if I like the fixed back axle, feels a bit to 1945 / freight hauler to me. Only thing missing is a blade suspension. ;P

Last edited:
A stock 5ive is very capable out of the box. You don't really need to do much to it and the price looks like a really good price...
truck has never been run and it came with these upgrades?
24.99 Uber rc wheel nuts
29.99 rock armor brace
24.99 Losi chassis brace
59.99 Super bee kill switch
249.99 DX4S
15.00 Gas cap
26.00 Outerwears crankcase cover
25.00 Outerwears pullstart cover
35.00 Outerwears shock covers
29.99 Carbon fiber rear axle covers
49.99 Jofer rc skid plates

You got a deal.

Don't even bother dealing with the AVC. it wont work right with the Super bee kill switch.

A Vekta is not gonna work for me since getting spares would be a nightmare for me.

And not sure if I like the fixed back axle, feels a bit to 1945 / freight hauler to me. Only thing missing is a blade suspension. ;P

Dear Member,
I will list some of the parts that failed within months of just bashing at my house and my church. Ran on grass and ash-fault only, no dirt.
No 1/5 scale short tracks in my area.
The CY 29 cc motor is a 2 bolt head and the paper gasket will leak. I replaced it with a copper one, better for a while but still leaked, could not keep it tuned. The piston and cylinder failed by scoring. I decided to upgrade to a G320 32cc Zenoah motor, 4 bolt head $400.00. You will go though many19 t pinion gears, this is a must upgrade $30.00. The center diff. cups will wear I had to replace them with heat treated ones $60.00. The Horizon tuned pipe is ok but will leak at the head and the hose joint even with clamps. I am into $3,000.00 with all the other upgrades I failed to list. Used Losi 5-T with lots of upgrades in mint condition only go for $1,500.00. Read about the Vekta 5, watch youtube there is never a problem getting stock or upgraded parts,IMG_0260.jpg IMG_0263.jpg IMG_0273.jpg this truck is built like a brick poop house. My Losi 5-T is great now that I went crazy with upgrades. My next truck will be the new Vekta 5 kit.
I am just reflecting what I went though. At the time Losi 5-T was king but not anymore.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
AKA: Road Reaper

A stock 5ive is very capable out of the box. You don't really need to do much to it and the price looks like a really good price...
truck has never been run and it came with these upgrades?
24.99 Uber rc wheel nuts
29.99 rock armor brace
24.99 Losi chassis brace
59.99 Super bee kill switch
249.99 DX4S
15.00 Gas cap
26.00 Outerwears crankcase cover
25.00 Outerwears pullstart cover
35.00 Outerwears shock covers
29.99 Carbon fiber rear axle covers
49.99 Jofer rc skid plates

You got a deal.

Don't even bother dealing with the AVC. it wont work right with the Super bee kill switch.
Please read may last reply post.

He said a Vekta wasn't gonna work for him and he always wanted a 5ive. Was it a good price for him to pay? Yeah, i think it was....and when did Losi start shipping the orange trim 5ive with a 2 bolt 29cc? The one I bought came with a 4 bolt 29cc.

MrFnisse, if you picked this up...did it come with a 2 or 4 bolt CY, and if you decide to keep that square air filter you're gonna need a cover for it.
Losi part numbers
LOS356000
TLR356002

IMG_0260.jpg IMG_0254.jpg Dear Member,
I can backup all of my comments on the Orange Losi 5ive-T. Check out the time stamp on some of the pic.'s.
I purchase directly from Horizon Hobby, call them and they will have information if and when there was a motor upgrade. Before and after see pic.
Best Regards
William E. Burrows Jr.
IMG_0283.jpg IMG_0284.jpg DSCN0596.jpg DSCN0630.jpg DSCN0595.jpg

Last edited:
I missed the auction for the 750 quid Losi unfortunately, so will have to keep looking.
Not interested in a Vekta like I said, have looked at videos of it and do not like the way it handles due to the rear axle and being front heavy. And I would have to order all spares from out of country.

Currently a Losi 5ive-T T-Roller for sale here in Sweden, unused for around 750 USD, but I think that is a bit to much for that. Think you could get a new one for 1000 USD.

William not sure why you got a 2 bolt engine with the new version Losi, pretty sure it should be a 4-bolt engine. Do still appriciate the advice though. Might look at the Vekta in a couple of years when it has been used for a while and the its new and everything is awesome phase has died out :)

Dear Member,
I purchased a new Roller from Horizon for $900.00 they no longer sell them.
I think it is a good move on your part. You can pick your motor and electronics of your choice.
This truck gives you lots of options.
Best Regards
William E Burrows Jr

I think the new shipments of the new 5ive with orange trim are coming with a 2 bolt 29cc. Thats what shows in the exploded view of the parts list.
I just don't know when they stopped shipping with 4 bolts.

Dear Member,
I purchased a new Roller from Horizon for $900.00 they no longer sell them.
I think it is a good move on your part. You can pick your motor and electronics of your choice.
This truck gives you lots of options.
Best Regards
William E Burrows Jr

Yeah I would like to install the G320RC engine and doing the run in myself would feel the best ofc.
The guy selling it for 750 says there is also included a dominator pipe and servos and a fly sky radio. The fly sky radio will have to be changed for somthing better and there is also some minor hop ups included but he did not specify what. Will have to ask him what servos is installed and their condition. And also what hop ups are already bought. But you think the price is not overly much then?

I think the new shipments of the new 5ive with orange trim are coming with a 2 bolt 29cc. Thats what shows in the exploded view of the parts list.
I just don't know when they stopped shipping with 4 bolts.

Thats a poopy move, thought we would have moved on from the 2 bolt engines by now, not much has happened i guess :/

He said a Vekta wasn't gonna work for him and he always wanted a 5ive. Was it a good price for him to pay? Yeah, i think it was....and when did Losi start shipping the orange trim 5ive with a 2 bolt 29cc? The one I bought came with a 4 bolt 29cc.

MrFnisse, if you picked this up...did it come with a 2 or 4 bolt CY, and if you decide to keep that square air filter you're gonna need a cover for it.
Losi part numbers
LOS356000
TLR356002

Dear Member,
I call Horizon Hobby today and tech. support was not sure about the CY motor so they asked the developer, he did verify that the new Losi 5ive-T has a 4 bolt motor upgrade. The problem is were you buy it because the inventory around the county is a mixed bag of 2 and 4 Motors. I also called DDM and they also verified the new Losi 5ive-T has an upgraded 4 bolt motor. The down side at the present time is there are no replacement parts available. The Mystery is solved.
Best Regards
William E. Burrows Jr.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks