Is this a reasonable deal for a Losi 5ive-T ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed the auction for the 750 quid Losi unfortunately, so will have to keep looking.
Not interested in a Vekta like I said, have looked at videos of it and do not like the way it handles due to the rear axle and being front heavy. And I would have to order all spares from out of country.

Currently a Losi 5ive-T T-Roller for sale here in Sweden, unused for around 750 USD, but I think that is a bit to much for that. Think you could get a new one for 1000 USD.

William not sure why you got a 2 bolt engine with the new version Losi, pretty sure it should be a 4-bolt engine. Do still appriciate the advice though. Might look at the Vekta in a couple of years when it has been used for a while and the its new and everything is awesome phase has died out :)

Dear Member,
I call Horizon Hobby today and tech. support was not sure about the CY motor so they asked the developer, he did verify that the new Losi 5ive-T has a 4 bolt motor upgrade. The problem is were you buy it because the inventory around the county is a mixed bag of 2 and 4 Motors. I also called DDM and they also verified the new Losi 5ive-T has an upgraded 4 bolt motor. The down side at the present time is there are no replacement parts available. The Mystery is solved.
Best Regards
William E. Burrows Jr.
AKA: Road Reaper

Yeah I would like to install the G320RC engine and doing the run in myself would feel the best ofc.
The guy selling it for 750 says there is also included a dominator pipe and servos and a fly sky radio. The fly sky radio will have to be changed for somthing better and there is also some minor hop ups included but he did not specify what. Will have to ask him what servos is installed and their condition. And also what hop ups are already bought. But you think the price is not overly much then?

Thats a poopy move, thought we would have moved on from the 2 bolt engines by now, not much has happened i guess :/

Dear Member,
I call Horizon Hobby today and tech. support was not sure about the CY motor so they asked the developer, he did verify that the new Losi 5ive-T has a 4 bolt motor upgrade. The problem is were you buy it because the inventory around the county is a mixed bag of 2 and 4 Motors. I also called DDM and they also verified the new Losi 5ive-T has an upgraded 4 bolt motor. The down side at the present time is there are no replacement parts available. The Mystery is solved.
Best Regards
William E. Burrows Jr.

Yeah I would like to install the G320RC engine and doing the run in myself would feel the best ofc.
The guy selling it for 750 says there is also included a dominator pipe and servos and a fly sky radio. The fly sky radio will have to be changed for somthing better and there is also some minor hop ups included but he did not specify what. Will have to ask him what servos is installed and their condition. And also what hop ups are already bought. But you think the price is not overly much then?

Thats a poopy move, thought we would have moved on from the 2 bolt engines by now, not much has happened i guess :/

Dear Member,
Sounds like a good deal, did you see any pictures of the truck?
I personally would never buy anything sight un-seen.
Best Regards
William E. Burrows Jr.

Yeah I got a hold of the seller now and this is the info I got from him, he also sent me some pictures over the phone and it all looked brand new and still in their packaging.

1 x Losi 5ive T-Roller ( It has not been driven at all and seem to be in new condition)
1 x Jetpro Rear Mounted Silenced Pipe ( also unused and in new condition)
1 x SuperBee killswitch
1 x Losi 5ive -t wheel wells (not sure what this is)
1 x RC rock armor Losi 5ive-T throttle & brake bracket.
4 x mg996r (not sure what he planned to do with those but they go straight to the bin)

Thats pretty much it. Think it might be a pretty decent deal, think I will try to sell the Jetpro pipe and get a Victory pipe instead.

So I picked up the car yesterday and it is now here with me :)
It was in mint condition and really never had been driven.

Only downside is the body was already painted metallic black (very well painted though) and I would have liked to do a Swedish M90 camo painting on it but hey cant get everything right...

Also ordered some stuff today to finish the truck.

Electrics
Futaba 3PV
A programmable LiPO charger (mine was only for niMH and pretty old and simple)
Battery voltage indicator to mount on the control cable on the liPO pack
Killer RC 6000mHA LiPO, was out of the 7200mHA one.
LiPO charging bag
Servo direct power supply cable

Engine
Zenoah 320RC engine with Losi modified clutch housing
DDM Metal Starter Pawl
Regular sintered steel clutch
Steel starter cable
Holding of with the victory pipe for now, will first see how the Jetpro pipe performs, not sure if its any good with the 320 engine?

Car specifics
Top tunning piggyback shock reservoirs
Chassis mud flaps for the entire rollcage
Dirt covers for shocks, pull start and filter
Front and rear aluminium braces
Top front aluminum brace
Metal servo arm for the throttle and brakes
2 x K-Power DM4000 servos (not sure about these but was reasonably priced and looks good on paper, have some Rhino servos at home but wanted something more powerful, esp. for steering)

Other
Shock oil 500vsc
Diff oil 2000/5000/7500
Some sliding paste
Extra nuts and screws, gaskets etc.

Feeling really excited guys :D
Mounted on the losi decals but ripped them of again, damn those things were ugly, and why would one want the name of the car all over the car itself? Does anyone here now of some cool and well made decal sheets that are more realistic. Like red bull themed etc?

IMG_0285.jpg IMG_0286.jpg IMG_0287.jpg
So I picked up the car yesterday and it is now here with me :)
It was in mint condition and really never had been driven.

Only downside is the body was already painted metallic black (very well painted though) and I would have liked to do a Swedish M90 camo painting on it but hey cant get everything right...

Also ordered some stuff today to finish the truck.

Electrics
Futaba 3PV
A programmable LiPO charger (mine was only for niMH and pretty old and simple)
Battery voltage indicator to mount on the control cable on the liPO pack
Killer RC 6000mHA LiPO, was out of the 7200mHA one.
LiPO charging bag
Servo direct power supply cable

Engine
Zenoah 320RC engine with Losi modified clutch housing
DDM Metal Starter Pawl
Regular sintered steel clutch
Steel starter cable
Holding of with the victory pipe for now, will first see how the Jetpro pipe performs, not sure if its any good with the 320 engine?

Car specifics
Top tunning piggyback shock reservoirs
Chassis mud flaps for the entire rollcage
Dirt covers for shocks, pull start and filter
Front and rear aluminium braces
Top front aluminum brace
Metal servo arm for the throttle and brakes
2 x K-Power DM4000 servos (not sure about these but was reasonably priced and looks good on paper, have some Rhino servos at home but wanted something more powerful, esp. for steering)

Other
Shock oil 500vsc
Diff oil 2000/5000/7500
Some sliding paste
Extra nuts and screws, gaskets etc.

Feeling really excited guys :D
Mounted on the losi decals but ripped them of again, damn those things were ugly, and why would one want the name of the car all over the car itself? Does anyone here now of some cool and well made decal sheets that are more realistic. Like red bull themed etc?

Dear Mr. Fnisse
I am very happy for you.
Great call on the Zenoah G320 you will love it.
I am running a chrome plated bartolone tuned pipe, great fit for the motor, no leaks and no discoloring.
But there are lots of good pipes out there.
Sounds like your unhappy with the paint job, have you ever considered a WRAP.
Check them out on you tube.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
AKA Road Reaper
AKA: River Reaper

Last edited:
Dear Member,
Best Regards
William E. Burrows Jr.

I must have been lucky(or unlucky) when I bought my 5ive...the 4 bolt is now in the dbxl until it dies or when I decide to upgrade to something larger than a 32cc in the 5ive

Will if I get it and if I manage to apply it properly :)

Got the car up and running today and run it at the lot at work at low speeds. And damn I love it the way it handles and how the suspension moves. And it feels as it has some pretty nice power in there.

Just have to try to fix my failsafe issue and then its time to take it out for some more serious testing :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks