Is this normal for the losi 5 rear diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrapppnBuds

Lifetime PLUS!
PLUS member
Not sure if this ok but can someone let me know
The front is buttery smooth and so is this one but it has this clicking sound. Ive shimmed ive taken the little bushing out behind the pinion shaft. It still sounds the same. Let me say its smooth rolling just has the clicking sound

Im trying to up load video but its not letting me do vids.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 23
I had issues with my rear 5ive gearbox. The differential was fine. The ring gear seemed to be warped, moved smoothly then really got tight, and notchy. I never found out the root cause. Losi sent me a diff case, that didn't solve the problem. Then they sent me the whole rear gearbox, I used an alum diff housing and the new ring gear from Losi and it was all better.

Same with mine, your fine
btw you can put your questions in your build thread
Thank u very much makes me feel better.
u know we spend alot of $$ for this stuff so in the end it HAS to be perfect
Thanks again
Gotta upload video to youtube and copy the link
Or photobucket. Direct linking video to don't seem to work
Thank you?

If its clicking id bet the ring gear is contacting the housing somewhere or a bearing is bad
Nah man, it’s a new diff, the gears will break in, you wouldn’t notice it on a more 5ive t coz you don’t notice it when the car is together (load and other gear noises). On the 5ive b your testing it as you put it together so you notice, and get worried. When the car is together it will not be noticeable.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks