Is this normal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah its cheaper to have just the one kit, also not everyone wants to, or even needs to beef up the diffs.

I don't know how strong the stock Losi plastic cups are, ive never tested with big(er) power

My new DBXL 2.0 was always going to get the Taylor35 in it, so the first thing i did was buy 3 of the Losi alloy cup sets. I never even ran it with the Zen32

Sorry but this should have said that the stock or the hot racing don't have the cut outs for the blocks to slide into.
After contacting Horizonhobby they told me that the shims and blocks are for the Losi aluminum cups. Not sure why the would sell the kit like that if you don't need the parts for the stock cups.
can see the lack of cutouts now i looked again mate :LOL:,
at least try and get the shims in behind the smaller gears though (y), otherwise the cases/cups are just gonna continue to get chewed up

can see the lack of cutouts now i looked again mate :LOL:,
at least try and get the shims in behind the smaller gears though (y), otherwise the cases/cups are just gonna continue to get chewed up
Yeah gonna another rebuild kit that way I can tear the rear diff apart cause I am sure it's gonna be the same way.
Yeah its cheaper to have just the one kit, also not everyone wants to, or even needs to beef up the diffs.

I don't know how strong the stock Losi plastic cups are, ive never tested with big(er) power

My new DBXL 2.0 was always going to get the Taylor35 in it, so the first thing i did was buy 3 of the Losi alloy cup sets. I never even ran it with the Zen32
I had it apart to check all the fluids and put the hot racing cups in while it was apart.

They are garbage. The alloy ones are a million times better. Killed quite a few on my old dbxl before I got the memo. Alloy is they only way for longevity even with a mild engine upgrade.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks