Issue with 5t 2.0 clutch plate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooper04

Hey guys, I bought an ESP G340 kit with the pre-filed crankcase for my 5t 2.0. When I went to put the clutch plate on the crankshaft it’s too tight and rubs against the crankcase seal. I’m not sure if I need to stick a washer or something on somehow, but any help is appreciated.

Please take a picture of what your working with... need to know if your using a CY or a zenoah clutch holder and did you buy this kit with or without a crank?

I built 2 of these engines and had zero issues so I'd like to help you out and If I had to guess you didn't push the crank seal down enough

@RcJunkie13 you didn't read what he said. He said the clutch holder is rubbing on the crank seal and it has nothing to do with the actual clutch touching

Sorry guys for wasting your time. I just filed the base of the clutch plate down some and it’s all good now. And in regards to the question about CY or Zenoah, it’s a zenoah holder right off the original engine the 5t came with. And also yes it’s the crank that the kit came with

Your not wasting our time and no offense thats not the right way to go about it if anything your just masking the issue and kicking the stone down the road. Something just doesn't add up with that issue

Hey guys, I bought an ESP G340 kit with the pre-filed crankcase for my 5t 2.0. When I went to put the clutch plate on the crankshaft it’s too tight and rubs against the crankcase seal. I’m not sure if I need to stick a washer or something on somehow, but any help is appreciated.
Yeah so I rekon the seal in the case is not pushed in enough or the wrong seal has been put in the crank. The stock seal is supposed to be 5.5mm thick. Try push the seal in a touch more with a socket👍🏻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks