it's arrived :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t2boats

ShengQi Baja
finally, after waiting for aaaages with customs delays, it turned up last week.
bought this for £334, stripped it to its bare bollox and checked everything, i was pleasantly surprised to see it all greased, and screws were tight :eek: anyhow, peace of mind eh :rolleyes:

the first 2 pix are how it looks out of the box, ofcourse not including the Proline wheels/tyres and the top rollcage found off a 5T, otherwise its standard.

the 3rd pic is the bodyshell once i stuck on a few stickers, bought a Monster Energy drink sticker set, easy to add to the car n all, plus a few from a set of UberRC decals

4th shows the wing with decals and the new exhaust underneath :cool:

5th shows the car as a whole. i don't think photo's do these cars justice in size, even my FG's which are 1/6th scale..

whilst waiting for it to arrive i couldn't resist splashing the cash so i picked up the following to fit:
zenoah 29cc block kit (which i fitted straight away)
tuned pipe (from an SS model) which i fitted straight away
proline bowtie wheel/tyre set
tarmac buster wheel/tyre set
proline undertray to help keep all the crap out
LED lights, which you can see in the post below
top rollcage to help protect the plug lead, from a 5T
a decent battery
foam air filter kit, yet to be fitted
paddle tyres and wheels, and a pair of skis, bit of fun in the snow!! :w00t:

there's a few more pix in the next post, only allowed 5 per post :mad:

Attachments

• DSCF1347-1.jpeg
    DSCF1347-1.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCF1349.jpeg
    DSCF1349.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCF1362.jpeg
    DSCF1362.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCF1377.jpg
    DSCF1377.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCF1369.jpg
    DSCF1369.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
more pics of the new car...

1st pic - a closer view with the LED lights fitted, was really chuffed with how bright these are :D

2nd and 3rd, just some side views of it

there'll no doubt be other mods done to it over time, but at the mo i have a set of hitec servo's waiting in the wings for when the standard servo's die. that's about it for the moment anyway, will see how it performs for the time being :)

edit - just realised, i made the pix a bit too small, sorry folks...

Attachments

• DSCF1387.jpg
    DSCF1387.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCF1390.jpeg
    DSCF1390.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF1392.jpeg
    DSCF1392.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCF1396.jpeg
    DSCF1396.jpeg
    35.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Looking good mate, i'd change that filter for a standard HPI version, then fit an outerware on it.
Also make some windows, it'll keep the crap out.

Enjoy. :cool:

mine also arrive yesterday only had a quick look at it so far but looks real nice photos don't do them any justice this thing is big.i got a new hpi baja airfilter off fleebay but did not come with any mounting bolts anyone know how long they are.also come with a 1500mah battery will this be big enough to last a tank.

mine also arrive yesterday only had a quick look at it so far but looks real nice photos don't do them any justice this thing is big.i got a new hpi baja airfilter off fleebay but did not come with any mounting bolts anyone know how long they are.also come with a 1500mah battery will this be big enough to last a tank.

Yeah I got an Hpi filter kit on the way, I ordered it off eBay the other night :) Lookin forward to that goin on anyway.

I bought a 4600 battery for it from UberRC, I know that'll be plenty good enough. Havnt used that 1500 at all yet, thinking I might just mount that somewhere to use when I have the lights on. Fitted it's skis n paddle tyres tonight, it looks really good, will post a pic tomoz when I get it off the camera.

I'd get a bigger size Battery bud, like a 4600 or 3600 at least.
I'll see if i've a spare pair of bolts tomorrow, i'll pm ya if i do or at least get the size for ya.

looking good t2. See how you get on with the stock shock shafts, you might find they bend very easily but this depends on how you run really. Nearly all have found even the HPI SS shafts weak and they are thicker than the stock baja ones. But you have an endless supply of upgrade parts for the baja and like your servo's best wait until you see how long they last.

yea bin the air filter, i destroyed a 26cc motor when my one fell off. the drive shafts will twist in the end i run k,m ones and they have been very good, my sq came with treacle in the shocks the oil was that thick they were allmost solid, try some 15w motorbike fork oil its only £8 a litre the hpi shock oil is a total rip off and just about fills 4 shocks,

Ohhh I know, these things are money pits lol... I'm still ploughing money into my FG's, once u start modding it becomes an addiction. From what I've seen over the years on a track though, u can spend spend spend on these making them handle n corner better and go faster, but at the end of the day it all comes down to the person holding that controller, if they screw up - your superfast expensive model ain't gonna win.. :-( I guess we just have a personal limit to how far u wanna go modding these things.

Shocks - I think someone will have to point me in the right direction there.. Are the thicker shafts available on the likes of eBay?? Will deffo be investing in a set once (or if) the standard bunch decide enough's enough..

Shock oil - what I've noticed so far, the rears are nice n fluid, the buggy glides over the bumps with nice travel. But the fronts seem a little more tough, I can push the front down and it will slowly and smoothly rise up again, rears are a tadd quicker yet still smooth. Again, as it's new I'll see how things pan out n adjust where it's needed.

Ohhh I know, these things are money pits lol... I'm still ploughing money into my FG's, once u start modding it becomes an addiction. From what I've seen over the years on a track though, u can spend spend spend on these making them handle n corner better and go faster, but at the end of the day it all comes down to the person holding that controller, if they screw up - your superfast expensive model ain't gonna win.. :-( I guess we just have a personal limit to how far u wanna go modding these things.

Shocks - I think someone will have to point me in the right direction there.. Are the thicker shafts available on the likes of eBay?? Will deffo be investing in a set once (or if) the standard bunch decide enough's enough..

Shock oil - what I've noticed so far, the rears are nice n fluid, the buggy glides over the bumps with nice travel. But the fronts seem a little more tough, I can push the front down and it will slowly and smoothly rise up again, rears are a tadd quicker yet still smooth. Again, as it's new I'll see how things pan out n adjust where it's needed.

T2, re shock shafts/shocks in general, you have a few ways to go here, you can just change out the shafts but you will need to change the threaded part as it will more than likely be set up for a thinner shaft therefore, you may end up changing most parts of the shock!!! if this is the case I would go down the route of getting the innovative shocks, seriously beefed up from top to bottom and well priced to. For a cheep upgrade to begin with you could just try some limiting straps these prevent the shocks from over compensating when they are not under load thereby limiting the overall travel, when fitted they do tend to save you from bending shafts. Many guys run them. Send PaulB a PM on here, he will make you a set in whatever colour you want for approx. £10 plus postage.

i still run 4mm thin shafts and to be honest i think there ok , yea they bend easy,r than 6mm ones but you can get them staight again, it all depends on what you use your buggy for if your doing huge jumps then the beefed up shocks are a must, but for normal runnig on grass etc,, my rtr shocks are still going strong.

That's what I was thinking yeah, there's no way I'd ever contemplate doing huge air jumps, normal track jumps that we have buts that's about as far as I take them. I've a few friends who r involved in no limits RC, I cringe every time they do the big vertical jumps n the likes. Its very seldom you see a perfect landing, and there's bits everywhere!!! Looks good though :)

T2, re shock shafts/shocks in general, you have a few ways to go here, you can just change out the shafts but you will need to change the threaded part as it will more than likely be set up for a thinner shaft therefore, you may end up changing most parts of the shock!!! if this is the case I would go down the route of getting the innovative shocks, seriously beefed up from top to bottom and well priced to. For a cheep upgrade to begin with you could just try some limiting straps these prevent the shocks from over compensating when they are not under load thereby limiting the overall travel, when fitted they do tend to save you from bending shafts. Many guys run them. Send PaulB a PM on here, he will make you a set in whatever colour you want for approx. £10 plus postage.

Nice one, thanks! Didn't know they existed, ha! Will have a butchers at those.

I just fitted the Hpi foam air filter kit, puts up a bit of a fight getting it's clamp on... used the original bolts too, perfect fit :) looks good though. The in er filter came pre-oiled too!

I just fitted the Hpi foam air filter kit, puts up a bit of a fight getting it's clamp on... used the original bolts too, perfect fit :) looks good though. The in er filter came pre-oiled too!

yea they can be a pain in the arse to fit, but well worth it i learnt the hard way and wrecked a allmost new motor:lol:

finally managed to get around to uploading a few pix of it with its paddles n skis on...

nifty eh, hopefully have a bit of fun this weekend, should the snow arrive :rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSCF1439.jpg
    DSCF1439.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF1441.jpg
    DSCF1441.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF1443.jpg
    DSCF1443.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 24
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks