it's arrived :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What p/n Iridium plug did you use?

I just fired mine up yesterday at lunch finally. The 28.5cc and 'tuned pipe' sounds nice! Haven't really ran it yet, just heat soaking it before I break it in fully.

Yeah I like th sound too, I got the pipe that comes with the SS Baja, sounds nice and I think it suits the 29cc quite well, might check out a jetpro in the future..

Sparkplug - can't quite remember off the top of my head, I'm away in work at the mo for a week so i cant see the car, but if u go to sparkplugs.co.uk and enter the normal ngk plug code u can then find a suitable denso plug to match. IU24 or IUF24 rings a bell???

The mods list keeps growing... but I think that's about it now :rolleyes:

Zenoah 29cc engine block/piston etc replacing the 23cc (and bottem end too)
Tuned pipe to suit
Denso iridium spark plug
Proline bowtie wheel n tyre set
Tarmac buster wheel n tyre set
Sand/snow rear paddles n wheels
Front skis
uberRC 4600 battery
uberRC buggy windows and internal chassis protectors
Hitec Steering and Throttle/Brake Servo's
Aluminium Diff Casing
Baja 5T top roll handle
GPM Rear alloy shock strut mounts
8000rpm clutch spring
Hostile 19/55 gear set
Walbro 813 Carb
GPM Front Alloy Set (it's arrived!!)

and the important one - a V2 Killer Bee. looks like i've got a busy afternoon ahead of me :D

all the bits are fitted now. the killer bee is GREAT! how nifty are those things :rolleyes:

fitting the front ali' set didn't take long at all, and it's so much more secure than before. the kit also came with a steering arm set too, haven't bothered with that just yet, need to argue a bit more with 2 of the allen screws which hold the front plate down, they've rounded off a little :mad:

anyway, here's a few pix!

Attachments

• IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 9
DOH! just realised i think i've bought the wrong model of killer bee :eek:

i thought i'd bought the one which has the multi-function of stopping when you switch off the controller, lose signal, or use the 3rd channel switch (which was the one i wanted!) so it's either i've bought the wrong killer bee, or my 3rd channel switch is goosed!!! oh, it's a killer bee V2 by the way...

oh bolox... my 3rd channel switch doesn't seem to work :(
the killer bee works when i switch the transmitter off, but not when i use the 3rd channel switch.
just been on to the killerRC site, had another read and it is the correct killer bee. i think maybe the setting on the transmitter is a bit west of where it should be...

oh bolox... my 3rd channel switch doesn't seem to work :(
the killer bee works when i switch the transmitter off, but not when i use the 3rd channel switch.
just been on to the killerRC site, had another read and it is the correct killer bee. i think maybe the setting on the transmitter is a bit west of where it should be...

change the plugs around on your receiver to double check the 3rd channel has gone west as you say :lol:

it's fitted the right way (black wire to the outer edge of the receiver box), plus the plug only goes in 1 way :( (unless Mr. Stanley knife makes an appearence!) i know it's functioning anyway, there's a little green LED underneath which is lit and it shuts the engine down when the transmitter is switched off.

i think it's down to the settings on the controller, there's alsorts of menu's to click through with their own individual settings :eek:

maybe later, i just got fired yesterday, and now i cant afford any more upgrades for some time. nad the KB's get a lil pricey if you want all stuff ready to just pop in. so it will have to wait for now.

they're a really good investment and invaluable for safety reasons! i've just received another big bore kit to make the spare 23cc i've got into a CY 29cc. all for £61 delivered from freeprawn racing here in the UK. superb service every time!

well i had been there for 10 years, i was fired for attendance, had 8 misses in a 6 month period, last 2 one was the snow blizzard we had here, and last one i was sick and went to doctor had a note from him. didnt matter, they fired me. im 51 years old now, wife and me worked at same place, BAMA frozen dough in tulsa. shes still there, but doing a partime online thing for herbalife, i plan on helping her on times shes not able to on it, hopefully soon we'll draw in some money from it, at least make up what i am losing from BAMA.

yep, very true! even though i've got this swanky killer bee with all the trimmings, i've fitted (and something i'll always fit to a largescale car) a nice hefty return spring fitted to the throttle/brake servo as a mechanical back up to any electrical gremlin that may appear..

I just fitted my killer bee this weekend, too. Very handy and fun to use! I'm waiting on some 9500rpm clutch springs, HD springs for the shocks, HPI headlights, and sway bars, then I'm set! I should get another picture put up for you guys....

nice one matey! they're cool to use aren't they, just a flick of a switch and the engine's cut :)

been running a new engine in this morning for a little while, just made up a 29cc CY unit from a 23cc. be good to have as a spare when racing should the zenoah ever give up the ghost..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks