Its Arrived!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sperera

My XRC2 has just arrived (currently at work so cant take pics).

Looks awesome, all the guys at work are checking it out.

Looks in excellent nic, underside hasnt got a single scratch on it and the insides are spotless.

Steering servo needs some adjustment, trim if fully locked left and its still pulling right so ill fix that tonight. I might get a chance of running it before the weekend but doubt it considering how early it gets dark at the moment.

YAY!
:)

My XRC2 has just arrived (currently at work so cant take pics).

Looks awesome, all the guys at work are checking it out.

Looks in excellent nic, underside hasnt got a single scratch on it and the insides are spotless.

Steering servo needs some adjustment, trim if fully locked left and its still pulling right so ill fix that tonight. I might get a chance of running it before the weekend but doubt it considering how early it gets dark at the moment.

YAY!
:)
hi sperera

what is your car is it a xrc buggy or on road xrc

ambro

Sorry no photo's yet. Ill get some done this weekend.

I got a new fuel bottle, got some good 2 stroke oil, im ready to go but......There are problems with it already!.

Sat it on the floor and wired up my spektrum receiver so I can use my DX3S and the steering servo stripped itself! Ill get anotherone by the weekend.

I expected this before I bought it but cant say im not dissapointed, wanted at least a couple of tanks to go through it before I had to replace stuff.

Oh well replace the broken bits with good stuff and i should be right, from what ive read online its a good strong engine. Started first go!

Sorry no photo's yet. Ill get some done this weekend.

I got a new fuel bottle, got some good 2 stroke oil, im ready to go but......There are problems with it already!.

Sat it on the floor and wired up my spektrum receiver so I can use my DX3S and the steering servo stripped itself! Ill get anotherone by the weekend.

I expected this before I bought it but cant say im not dissapointed, wanted at least a couple of tanks to go through it before I had to replace stuff.

Oh well replace the broken bits with good stuff and i should be right, from what ive read online its a good strong engine. Started first go!

I had nothing but problems using my Spektrum DX3S with my HPI BAJA 5T. I swapped the Spektrum for a Futaba 4PK and haven't looked back.

I had nothing but problems using my Spektrum DX3S with my HPI BAJA 5T. I swapped the Spektrum for a Futaba 4PK and haven't looked back.

Really what trouble did you have with the DX3S??? It works fine with my 1/8 and really handy with the telemetry so i can check temps.

Is it something to do with the magneto?

The standard servos are crap, i got a upgraded 18kg servo from rcmodelz.co.uk, also make sure ur gears are aligned properly so it doesn't shred them:cool2:

I am in the process of replacing both the steering and throttle servos with hitec units. The steering is going to be a 22kg one and throttle's not that important but will be hitec. Should have it done tonight so can give it its first run on weekend.

I will let you all know on Monday how it went. might do one tank on a flat surface then head to a BMX track or something.

if it was pre built, do yourself a big favour and strip it down and rebuild it with loktite. They miss so many screws at the sweatshops. and the setscrews into the layshaft and wheel hubs should be filed flat so there is more surface area touching. these will save you a lot of headaches later

Layshaft is the shaft that spins the gears. The grubs are the small allen screws that tighten the gears to the shaft. If they are not filed flat they tend to spin out when too much torque is put on them and they fold over the dimple on the end of the grub. Make sure to locktight them in or they also will back out.

EDIT:

The xrc is more of a mix of a Baja and others forum I believe. I don't think you have a layshaft problem like the FG/clones.

Last edited:
Really what trouble did you have with the DX3S??? It works fine with my 1/8 and really handy with the telemetry so i can check temps.

Is it something to do with the magneto?

My DX3S works a treat with my 1:8 nitros and I can't fault it but when used with my 1:5 I had trouble with the range and it would twitch a lot. I swapped to a Futaba and haven't looked back. I still use the DX3S for my nitros.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks