J’s dirty 30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the past two days I can’t get this thing to run. I go with the base settings, go rich, go lean, no difference.
Low is 1-1/8 out
High is 1 1/8-1 1/4 out
A guy on YouTube suggests 1.5 and 2 turns out
Neither work honestly and going lean from base settings still result in wet plugs.

It could be overly flooded. I had that happen and it took me days to get it running again. Flip the truck over and remove the spark plug then pull on the pullstart and see if fuel comes dumping out. Your gunna need a new plug or dry the wet one really good

Walbro 1107, when cold, choke and 3 soft pulls and it sounds like it’s ready. Choke off I just pull it but not like an animal.

It could be overly flooded. I had that happen and it took me days to get it running again. Flip the truck over and remove the spark plug then pull on the pullstart and see if fuel comes dumping out. Your gunna need a new plug or dry the wet one really good
I have 3 of them I have been swapping with. If it gets wet I spray it with carb cleaner and grab the next dry one
Thanks for the help. I made a video but half the time the car wasn’t on so of course it wouldn’t start. 🤦

Hopefully you won't continue to have issues and enjoy driving it.
Yea no kidding. On my first (and only) nitro, I didn’t have any troubles tuning and getting it started.
I did try turning it over and pulling it a few times. Only the DDM vented gas cap leaked out fuel. 🤷🏼
Tomorrow I will source a couple more plugs just to try “new” plugs

I got it running this morning, it was idling great but I was sorting out a bog that it had. I couldn’t tell if it was lean or rich. I just kept going very small adjustments until it just died.
Seems like it was all good until it warmed up really well. Now it’s back to not starting.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks