Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Jetpro Unsilenced Vs Silenced!

Discussion in 'General Large Scale RC' started by Borley, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Borley

Borley Member

What would people recommend as this seems to be the easiest upgrade for power? It`s for the FGMT, i have heard that the silenced version has slightly less power than the unsilenced and the muffler rquires repacking. So i`m in 2 minds, if noise wasn`t a problem in my area i would deffintly go for the unsilenced. What sort of maintanence does the silenced one require?
    Thanks
    Guy

2. cyclops1970

cyclops1970 Well-Known Member

Buy aSilenced one and if you choose to you can drill out the rivets and take out the wadding inside the chamber and then put the end cap on the pipe and run without a silencer .. and its your choice from there ..

Good luck !

3. Bigger the Better

Bigger the Better LSF Plus Member
    PLUS member

I agree go with the silenced. From all the people that have the silenced its a snap to replace the wadding (Heck Timmahh made his own at one time) and really its not a performance inhabiter that you would probably notice the end just allows the wadding to absorb some of the db's, noise, not to stop air flow.:)