Jetpro V3 for HPI 5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jet pro are a great pipe had one on my shorty 5b, changed to a dom v2 though as imho they sound far much superior giving out the right note and there as good as any pipe out there ?? Be worth seeing what the jet pro is like see if it suits your set up and go from there dude :)

I figure it's got to be better than the expansion chamber that comes on the Rovan and hopefully it won't be melting parts of the car like the Rovan pipe has. LOL

Hopefully it shouldn’t lol I think I had to ever do slightly sand part of my roll cage that goes to the rear bumper to help fit the jet pro but was well worth it, looked beefy too. The dom v2 hands down is one of the bestest sounding pipes though and fit absolutely spot on :)

4CCB57F7-ECB2-4981-9B89-EDADC88FF44B.jpeg
And this was her with the ddm dominator v2, hands down one of the bestest pipes for sound and looks, is there any kind of returns on the product should you not like the JetPro exhaust? Could be worth returning and trying the dominator v2 ?

So this sucks . Recieved the JetproV3 today and no matter how I try the pipe won't fit in the buggy correctly. Rests on a couple of the rails and the lower mount will not line up. So I emailed Jetpro and let them know about the issues and asked of an RMA and refund. Then I went over to DDM and ordered a Dominator V2.

Attachments

• IMG_20180815_174532180.jpg
    IMG_20180815_174532180.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20180815_174602063.jpg
    IMG_20180815_174602063.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 11
I believe the piece you may be missing to back this up a bit from the rails is an “x port”
Small piece between the manifold and the pipe mounting flange....
I ran into the same years ago and that was a necessary piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My engine came with an Xport on it . That would have pushed the pipe back even further. I tried to fit it with the Xport in place first ,not even close.

I believe the piece you may be missing to back this up a bit from the rails is an “x port”
Small piece between the manifold and the pipe mounting flange....
I ran into the same years ago and that was a necessary piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switching to the DDM Dominator V2. Sadly I haven't heard from Jetpro since I asked for a refund and a RMA to return the pipe to them. So if you know anyone that is interested in buying a Jetpro V3 for a HPI 5B buggy let me know. Brand new never been used.

I think part of the problem was that my Roven has a slightly bigger engine than the HPI . I really don't know if the head on a 36cc engine is slightly bigger than the 26cc or is it 29cc. All I know is , is that it doesn't fit with my engine.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks