joining the club of mcd rally owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi mate.....seems a shame to cut away any of that... but you will have to somewhere...you need to get air in..mine has 1 front and 1 rear cut out on oppisite sides of car so air can flow across engine....maybe you can duct the air in like u say, but in needs to get in somehow....

yes i know,
might cut out the front and glue some mosquito gauze in.
zokanhetook.jpg

That is one nice looking car.

I would thoroughly recommend you cut out all the side windows and most of the rear. It improves the air flow under the bodyshell and keeps the engine running cooler.

When I first raced and bashed my Rally car I only had only side window removed just for access to the pullstart and kill switch and the engine temperature was unacceptably high.

rally3.jpg

Clive

Woa nice car man!!!

Love the paintjob and body work...

The samba pipe i fould it a wile ago on rossendales's

http://www.rossmod.co.uk/store.php?value=samba%20mcd&search=6&product_id=8911&return=store.php

i was thinking on buying it also but for me but... i live in the taxes country... (Brasil) and if i buy it... ad 60%(import tax) + 18%(another tax) for the final value... and on top of everything theres currency... 1 real = XXX uk coin...

so 187,00 uk coin here in my hands cost me almost 800 reais...

Hey man...U need silicone pipe!!! that hose will melt, i tried it on mine and ended up a sticky mess...and the solder on your copper joints will melt too....U will have to braise them..Temp just gets too HOT.....

don't get me wrong mate i love the way you have done the pipe it might work might not but if you don't try you don't know my question is will that pipe change the engines performance as its going to be a bit restricted in theory anyway i cant see it changing it to much but lost power is lost power let me know how it works out mate id like somthink like it on my beetle

The hose holds for now (only driven in the district for 15 min)
i did bolt the pipes down with alu plate(just to be safe)

@renbar,
about the performance,the engine aint fast at the beginning
(it never did,but the speed aint bad at the end),so cant
say if it does hurt the performance of the jetpro pipe?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks