Just picked up a brand-new Baja 5B 23cc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssuperchieff

Still in disbelief that I was able to find and acquire a brand new 5B. I have to believe I emailed HRP several times asking about the 5B, and I've messaged HPI on Facebook about it a few times as well. Here she is, and in my favorite paint scheme too!

I've already got some upgrades going on it.

Hitec D840WP steering servo
Hitec D625MW throttle servo
DDM 4000mAh 7.4V receiver servo
Spektrum SR6200A AVC receiver (bound to my DX5 Rugged)
Outerwears oull start cover
FFRC shock covers
FFRC windows

I'm hoping I can get at least the new servos in by Monday so that I can head out and break the new Fuelie 23cc in :D

Put together some paddles and razors on genuine HPI Super Star wheels. My plan is to take it out to the dunes by the end of the month while we still have summer here in the PNW

Attachments

• 20220812_155612.jpg
    20220812_155612.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220812_155436.jpg
    20220812_155436.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 27
Spot on (y) ... I think your cat has first dibs on taking the new toy out :LOL:.... make sure to record its first outing as this is a rare occasion this many years out from the day it was put in its retail box.
I absolutely plan on documenting this car. Don't even know how many new Bajas are left these days

Absolutely! Around this time last year I was lucky enough to find a new HPI Apache C1, a car I've been wanting since it was still in production. It's so special being able to experience an older product as if it were brand-new

Unfortunately the Baja didn't come with its box, manual, radio, or tools. I'm thinking it was a hobby store display piece that was separated from its accessories when it closed down. Not really too bummed about that though, I've got all the things to make it complete. What matters most is that the car itself is new and untouched :D

Clap Good Job GIF by Team Coco

Congrats. I’ve found a well bashed v1. Have a new hpi body in a box and when I get some free time. Full tear down and rebuild to original
I’ll install a new high rev 23cc head from ddm but it will remain mostly original
They’re rare nowadays

I’ve still got a new built Baja ss kicking around that never had been run
Maybe hpi will start making the Baja again one day
Oh I hope so too. The fact that the Baja D.box and kit versions haven't been removed from their website yet gives me hope

Great find! I love this colour scheme too.

I think deals like this are out there but rare.
There is one on the bay right now which is new but it carries a hefty price tag

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks