Kill switch and AVC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moev

So I've been reading through some old posts about Kill Switches not compatible with some Spektrum radios and not working with AVC. Other guys saying everything is fine. We have 2024 now. So what is the CURRENT status of all those "old" posts. Are they holding any truth? I red somewhere, that the AVC blocks AUX1 and 2 in order to work. Does this means, that if you have AUX 3 or 4 on the rx, you can plug the switch there and it will work? I have a DBXLE with stock rx, but bougth D5X Pro and I am happy with it. No probs so ever. Not a Spektrum fan boy, but as the saying goes, don't change a running system. So current situation is, I bought 5ive T 2.0, have Spektrum rx and tx (so I assume also AVC) and I bought the TopTuning Killswitch (https://rc-car-online.de/en/product...itch-and-status-led-for-all-transmitters.html). I will see the truck in 2 months, since now I am abroad. But untill than I am collecting knowledge and prepare myself for the first run...

Only way I ever got a Kill switch to work with a Spektrum AVC receiver is to disable the AVC when you bind the radio/receiver. I use the Dynamite kill switches but should work the same as the Top Tuning kill switch.

I use the DX5 pro also. I like it a lot.

Only way I ever got a Kill switch to work with a Spektrum AVC receiver is to disable the AVC when you bind the radio/receiver. I use the Dynamite kill switches but should work the same as the Top Tuning kill switch.

I use the DX5 pro also. I like it a lot.
You should call horizon then and tell them your accomplishment. I was on the phone with them and their "geniuses" and they agreed it could not be done.

The instruction book tells you how to disable the AVC. Don't remember which channel but you put a bind plug in one of the channels on the receiver when you bind, kind of a process from what I remember. A lot of racing classes do not allow it, have to be able to turn it off.

First AVC receiver I had came in a Losi Super Rock Ray. Hated the avc stuff. Dug in the book and found out how to turn it off. I used that receiver in my first baja, a Rovan I changed the radio in. The Dynamite kill switch worked fine with that receiver when the avc stuff was off. Don't remember what number receiver it was. 6000 I think.

S
The instruction book tells you how to disable the AVC. Don't remember which channel but you put a bind plug in one of the channels on the receiver when you bind, kind of a process from what I remember. A lot of racing classes do not allow it, have to be able to turn it off.

First AVC receiver I had came in a Losi Super Rock Ray. Hated the avc stuff. Dug in the book and found out how to turn it off. I used that receiver in my first baja, a Rovan I changed the radio in. The Dynamite kill switch worked fine with that receiver when the avc stuff was off. Don't remember what number receiver it was. 6000 I think.
Soooo...will need your assistance. Disabled AVC (at least servo doesn't move, when I move the receiver). Put the kill switch on chanel 4 and assigned 2 pos. switch. Turn on receiver, kill switch lid, so its ok. Pushing the switch, LED turns off, so this means I killed the engine. Pushing again, LED is on. So this works. But when I switch off the radio, kill switch still works. Radio is DX5C with SR6000T.

You have to ditch the avc receiver all together, switch to an sr515 and you'll be good to go. I sat on the phone with horizon hobby while they tested this and they agreed it cannot be done .

You have to ditch the avc receiver all together, switch to an sr515 and you'll be good to go. I sat on the phone with horizon hobby while they tested this and they agreed it cannot be done .

Thank for your efforts and sharing. I assume that a SR315 which i have will work then as it is just less channels.

Moev, after setting everything up to work so the kill switch turns on and off like you have it set up now.

With everything on turn the kill switch to kill the motor, lite off. Leave it like that and power off the receiver and then re bind. When you rebind with the switch off, the receiver will think the default setting is off, receiver loses signal and turns off the kill switch. Try it.

This should work with any of the Spektrum radios.

edit to ad, I can't remember if I had to rebind like turning the AVC stuff off at the same time again.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks