Killer RC Kill Switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minnesota RC

RC'ers,

I need to gather all knowledge on this that I have looked at from other threads but they weren't exactly to the point and were a few years old.

I have a Spektrum DX4S with non-AVC RX. I can not for the life of me get the stupid damn thing to die when I kill the transmitter; the green light is still on and my buzzer isn't buzzing. :mad:

I have set the failsafe to full brakes and turn left. I tried through the instructions from Killer RC to have the kill switch in the off position, then hold the switch in the off position and applying brakes while binding.

After an hour and a half, I had to listen to Master of Puppets to calm down, and try one more time to see the green light when I turned my TX off.

Patience failing. Annoying anger feeling building.

Had the same frustration. I gave up and bought Futaba radio and receiver. Plug KB into receiver and assign switch and done. Don’t know why spektrum makes it so hard to work with kill switch. I really like there radios.

Have you tried sledgehammer therapy? While I doubt it will make the ks work, it will leave you feeling better for a brief moment. ? other than that cant help, I have dynamite ks.
That's why I listened to Metallica. When I get to classical music, my murderous psycho rage comes out and start putting speed holes in anything that I see.
Had the same frustration. I gave up and bought Futaba radio and receiver. Plug KB into receiver and assign switch and done. Don’t know why spektrum makes it so hard to work with kill switch. I really like there radios.
I wanted to avoid that.??

Ok I spoke to Horizon and I was told that the guy who explained it to me said he has personally used kill switches with the Spektrum transmitters with no issues.Sorry if you tried all of this

He said some receivers need to have a bind plug plugged in while binding and it needs to be pulled out while binding to disable AVC on some receivers and then he said some have a bind spot that needs the bind plug to be in there while disabling AVC.There is a third version that has a bind button that will flash 4 times to let you know that AVC was turned off some of those the led stays on solid when disabled and others will blink 4 times on start up when disabled.He did say that on AVC receivers the AUX channels won't work to activate the switch and if you have the channels mixing I believe it will not work either.I can confirm first hand that the SR410 receiver works with a killer bee.

Ok I spoke to Horizon and I was told that the guy who explained it to me said he has personally used kill switches with the Spektrum transmitters with no issues.Sorry if you tried all of this

He said some receivers need to have a bind plug plugged in while binding and it needs to be pulled out while binding to disable AVC on some receivers and then he said some have a bind spot that needs the bind plug to be in there while disabling AVC.There is a third version that has a bind button that will flash 4 times to let you know that AVC was turned off some of those the led stays on solid when disabled and others will blink 4 times on start up when disabled.He did say that on AVC receivers the AUX channels won't work to activate the switch and if you have the channels mixing I believe it will not work either.I can confirm first hand that the SR410 receiver works with a killer bee.
I have the SR415 (Non-AVC)

Has anyone asked spektrum how to stop a runaway when using their radios?I would think they would be interested in being able to stop that?

What he was trying to say was this: I'm sorry our radios require a degree in BS engineering to understand, if you would like to learn what is what, please get out your credit card and well send you a top of the line (insert any other radio system here) for what it costs us. And lucky you it will work the first time for 99% of users, and they wont even have to read the whole manual.....?? sorry had to get a jab in there, I'm done.... for now ?

Assign aux to channel make sure end point is set to 100 check if you can turn KB on and off with switch... proceed to rebind with the KB in the OFF position

He also said that sometimes you need to adjust the endpoint up or down little by little until it starts working and if that doesn't work you re screwed I guess.You have been trying to figure this out for a while.I would think you have tried everything possible by now and it hasn't worked so your only solutions is to not use a kill switch or to use another transmitter /Rx combo.Sorry bud

Have you tried setting the end point the other way........I assign my aux to one of the buttons on the wheel I think d button i first time set up was a female dog but that was because I had a bad kill switch it's easier with a non avc receiver

Okay, after another two days of fukin around with this stupid thing ?, I tested it with my futaba 4PV and all that took was putting the kill switch in the aux channel and turning it on/off and when I turned the TX off, the kill switch TURNED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With the economy in the dumps because of this virus, and no one has it, I bought a FUTABA 4PM 4 channel radio off Amazon because I had a $100 gift card from my credit union that hasn't been used :happy:.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks